vendor Bayou Trader's Peppermania

Anybody got any reviews on Bayou Trader's Peppermania? They seem to have a nice selection, but haven't read anything about their seed quality.

I've ordered from Beth multiple times. This time it has been two weeks - my seeds from pepper lover are already starting to germinate, ordered them the same day.

I've sent an email to Beth, no response?

I'd rather not chase. No email from them and their site looks like it hasn't been updated in ages. I'm sure life got in the way somehow.

I'll just try to get a chargeback through Paypal and leave it at that.

Only thing I'm really disappointed about is I couldn't find any other good source for Paprika peppers. Looks like a Paprika-less season for me.

http://www.chiligrower.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=94&id=26778&Itemid=21#34412

no response on two emails.....going to have to try and call later tonight.....i like her product, and she's been super nice......i'd like to avoid the chargeback, etc......but i would like to get my seeds soon, too

finally got an email reply last night.......trouble with email.......fell far behind in processing.....trying to catch up......will expedite my order today

beth seems like good people, so i hope she gets things sorted out......won't stop me from ordering in the future, i wouldn't hesitate to order from her as long as you don't need your seeds in a few days

Well my Paypal chargeback was rejected due to being over 45 days from the transaction date. My hope was really that Beth would get the dispute email and use it as an incentive to get moving with her past due orders. But it seems like she starting to do that anyways so I'll sit by my mailbox patiently for now.

got my seeds from beth....planted this AM

as usual, her hand picking/hand sorting makes a huge difference....great looking seeds

hand written note from beth......seems like she's getting back on track, wishing her the best

Glad it looks like things are moving, again, made an order Jan 9 but haven't heard anything except for the paypal notification, and no response to a later email :(

Looking forward to my seeds.

My order showed up today with an apology letter and a hand written note. She also threw in a couple extra packs of seeds. Gotta say, despite the inconvenience I'll be happy to order from her again. Customer service is paramount to me and it seems she's doing good on that.

I like to say "Shit happens, can't do anything to stop it. It's what we do with it when it comes that really matters"

Got an email from Beth Wednesday, stating that my seeds are on their way. Should be any day, now... :)

Seeds arrived! Got a letter of apology, a free pack of seeds, and a business card with a packet full of mystery seeds attached. What to grow....

Seeds are germinating away.

I gave Beth a call yesterday to check on the status of my order (the last email message I got from her mentioned that she had been having problems with her internet service among other complications), and she confirmed that it had gone out the day before---it turned up in my mailbox today, with what I thought was a very professional note of apology, along with a couple of freebies (chocolate habaneros, yay!) and the business-card mystery pack.

On the phone we ended up having a long and wide-ranging conversation---as far as I remember, we covered the origins of the habanero de arbol, the virtues of raising children on a horse ranch, chicken soup recipes, Rodney Crowell and the problems with modern commercial country music, her childhood refusal to wear ballerina dresses, and much else besides! It sounds like she's digging out from under a lot of unfortunate happenings over the last year and doing her level best to get caught up with the business's schedule. After the terrific experience I had with my first-time order from her last year, I'm really glad to see that things appear to be coming back together for her.

-NT

Glad to see this and you guys got your seeds. I ordered from there on the 7th of this month and still nothing. I tried to email her with no response. I'll wait longer.

You need to call her. She is swamped with orders, having internet problems and just general life is getting in the way. She will put your order on an 'expedited' list, but again, she is super busy and like the rest of us, human. I did talk to her this afternoon and she is very apologetic but she is trying to stay afloat right now.

I'm looking forward to getting mine, too. I was going to wait to start the freebies from Coheed, but I'm glad I didn't. I hope my Scotch Bonnets from Beth won't be too far behind this season.

Good Luck

New Guy Here. I sure wish I would have found this thread before I ordered from Beth. Everything I heard from this site and others was that she was a real stand up person to buy seeds from. Sounds like she is a fine individual from what most you all say, but maybe she should post on her website that she is no longer taking orders until she catches up. I ordered from several vendors that were recommended by members here and was very impressed with the speed they shipped and the seeds I got. HUGE KUDOS to Pepper Joe, got his seeds in 3 days, nicely labeled and packaged too. The rest of the vendors followed soon after with the exception of Peppermania's. Although it was not a large order (Three Packets of Jamaican Hot Chocolates), they have yet to arrive. I have emailed her and I have called and left messages to call me back, no one has returned my emails or calls. she did get my money though. Its not much money and my time is worth more to me than chasing 10 bucks.  I'm a pretty understanding forgiving guy, but if you don't communicate with your customers there's a problem.  I do hope Beth is alright, and hope Family or Friends will help her with whatever life matters she is experiencing, but from what I have read here it would probably be best for her to put her business on hold until things get better .

Back