• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Barrackpore 7 Pot

Many thanks! Got some seeds today and will get them planted tonight! Got to get the Barrackpore thread going in the grow area pretty soon- what's the name?

boutros said:
Many thanks! Got some seeds today and will get them planted tonight! Got to get the Barrackpore thread going in the grow area pretty soon- what's the name?

I got mine to, but don't know if I should wait til next season!

Hey Trinni i got my seeds in the mail today mate, thankyou very much for taking the time to put a smile on heaps of peoples faces :P

Now i have to buy a heat mat!

thatz excellent news you guys.......i hope you have lots of success growing them.......after i mail the 3rd batch saturday....

i am thinking to do some quality control testing myself....lol

i saved a couple seeds from the first and second batch....and will do the same for the third batch.......

i'ma set them in the seed tray....just to make sure all the batches had good germination rates.....

cheezydemon said:
7 POT.....not pod.

7 Pod (7 Pot)

Species: Chinense
Origin: Trinidad
Heat: Outrageously Hot

Currently one of the most sought after and difficult to obtain varieties, the 7 pod or 7 pot is is a Caribbean pepper, probably from Trinidad, that is said to be hot enough to add spice to seven pots of stew - hence the name. Bearing a similar shape to a habanero they also have the characteristic 'pimpling' that is found on that other well know variety of super hot pepper, the Naga Morich.

SOURCE

Trinidad must be one cool place.

Trinihottie sent me 7pot and scorpion seeds that changed my life, along with 20 or so others here, now trinicoolie is carrying on the same way!

Very cool Coolie.

cheezydemon said:
Source: Anyone from Trinidad and Tobago. They ought to know eh?

Besides, 7 pod makes no phucking sense.

My mind is foggy due to the copious amounts of frosty malted style beverines :drunk:, but I seem to recall reading that the name "7 Pod/Pot" is due to language/pronunciation. But again, I've had copious amounts of frosty malted style beverines so HOOOOBIILAAA BILLLLLITYA!! Take it for what it's worth :lol:

Hi trinicoolieboy

Got your seeds today Horay!! Will be planting them in a couple of days. You have been very kind with all the seeds you have donated. If you ever need anything just ask.
Cheers.

Blister said:
My mind is foggy due to the copious amounts of frosty malted style beverines :drunk:, but I seem to recall reading that the name "7 Pod/Pot" is due to language/pronunciation. But again, I've had copious amounts of frosty malted style beverines so HOOOOBIILAAA BILLLLLITYA!! Take it for what it's worth :lol:

:cheers:;)

trinihottie told me that it is called the 7 pot because 1 pepper could season 7 pots of stew. Sounds right to me.

If I hear anything that explains 7 pod, I will still be skeptical!

..............you obviously haven't met one in person. Most people would be dead after 1 whole pod.

Anyone who can get to 7 will be vomiting red hot magma.;)

allenstu said:
Its called 7 pod because if you eat 7 pods at a time it will kill you- Duh:mouthonfire:

Never heard that one before. On the other hand I have heard one pod will season 7 pots of stew. DUH!!:P

Back