• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

disease Bacterial spot?

Not sure if this is a significant issue, or just something to do with the nutrients. Attached is a picture of the foliage for a Scotch Bonnet growing in a mini Kratky with Mega Crop mixed as per the instructions. Roots seem okay on inspection. Other nearby plants don't have these same spots and have been growing up and out at a much faster pace, so I was curious about them. Any thoughts?

PXL_20240223_202554025.jpg
PXL_20240223_202625506.jpg

Following up on this thread rather than creating a new one.

Here's a pair of photos - the first doesn't seem to look like BLS, but the second looks a lot like it to me. Any chance I'm wrong?

As you can tell from the yellowed leaves, I definitely misjudged the nutrients on my mini-Kratky plants.

So I've rinsed the roots and replaced the nutrient solution with a better balance, then removed the damaged leaves. Otherwise planning to just keep an eye on things. Anything else folks here might recommend?

1000029214.jpg

1000029215.jpg

It could be that they're both be fungal issues (or perhaps not). Fungal leaf spots are often assumed to be bacterial in origin given how commonly the term BLS is used. Nutritional issues can make plants more susceptible to either, so getting your nute's dialed in should help. Cooler temps and poor air circulation can exacerbate fugal issues, so perhaps that's something to consider as well. Plant conditions/diseases can be difficult to determine visually, with proper diagnoses often involving microscopy. Dialing in your growing conditions like you're planning and tracking the effect seems like a good plan to me.

It could be that they're both be fungal issues (or perhaps not). Fungal leaf spots are often assumed to be bacterial in origin given how commonly the term BLS is used. Nutritional issues can make plants more susceptible to either, so getting your nute's dialed in should help. Cooler temps and poor air circulation can exacerbate fugal issues, so perhaps that's something to consider as well. Plant conditions/diseases can be difficult to determine visually, with proper diagnoses often involving microscopy. Dialing in your growing conditions like you're planning and tracking the effect seems like a good plan to me.
Very helpful - thanks, CD!

Back