• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Back in business

Howdy folks!
For those who don't know me, my name is Omri and I'm a true chilehead and amateur gardener from good ol' Israel. :)
I've been gone for quite a while now and for the past year or so I've been terribly busy with work and hardly had any time at all to spare for gardening. with that said, I decided today I will let nothing hold me back! I'm starting with some small-scale home gardening with selected produce. because the weather isn't getting warmer, I chose to start with some of the plants that take longer to grow. I kinda perfected a method to harvest chiles within little over a month, so I'm not in a rush to jump in to the chile scene, but I have planted some tomato seeds today.
My overall tomato list comes down to this:

***UPDATED***

• Opalka - Has several sets of leaves
  • Sungold - Has several sets of leaves
  • Yellow Pear - Will sow further ahead
  • White Queen - Will sow further ahead
  • Russian Rose - Will sow further ahead
  • Brandywine - Will sow further ahead

I am going to plant some chiles as well, most probably the following list:
  • TFM Scotch Bonnet - Sowed
  • White Habanero - Sowed
  • Red Rocoto - Sowed
  • Manzano Amarillo - Sowed
  • Naga Morich - Sowed
  • ButchT 7Pot - Jonah - Sowed
  • Capsicum Rhomboideum - Sowed
  • Fatalii - Sowed

Trying to cut down the overall amount of plants, but I still have no idea how I'm gonna take care of all of those plants. we'll cross that bridge we reach it.

Thanks for listening.
Good day y'all.

Relatively new guy here and just wanna say welcome back.

Nice grow list.

I too would love to grow opalkas.

Thank you so much guys, I missed ya!

I'd like to hear more about your method to harvest chiles within little over a month.
It's basically standard Hydroponics with my own "Wide Spectrum" LED lights and home-made Hydro solution. if you give 'em love, they'll give ya chiles. will gladly share the "recipe". :)

I am glad to see you back my friend...too long without you here...

Are you gonna grow in the dirt or hydroponically?

if you grow in dirt (containers), I would highly recommend putting in a drip fertigation system...if you are interested, pm me and I will talk with you about it...

I am glad to see you back my friend...too long without you here...

Are you gonna grow in the dirt or hydroponically?

if you grow in dirt (containers), I would highly recommend putting in a drip fertigation system...if you are interested, pm me and I will talk with you about it...
Sure will. Thank you kind sir. :)

Right on cant wait for you to post some pics. Nice watch BTW.
Just for ya:
53581859.jpg

44342250.jpg

Hi Omri,

Are you in the IDF? One of my clients here in America is a company called "friends of IDF". israelsoldiers.org
Affirmative.

if chilies took you a little over a month, i would be intrigued to see how long would tomatoes fruits in your system.
3-4weeks? Wowzer.

They're a little struggling with the heat (and it supposed to be winter!), but there's progress.

5059449479_c323efa97f.jpg

Just back from the supermarket and today it's official, we're out of tomatoes.
The temperatures aren't getting any lower, it's like the middle of the summer out there and hardly any rain. in some places there aren't any tomatoes for sale, and where tomatoes are available , they're green and EXTREMELY expensive. the prices I've seen today are $4-$7 a kg.

People actually rely on me to spare them some tomatoes once my plants are all grown up. while we're at it... they're growing nicely. will post pics later today,

Have a great weekend y'all.

Gosh I barely have any time... well, sowed some more seeds today. transplanted the Opalkas and Sungolds into coco peat mix, cause don't have enough time to mess with pure Hydro. they're going nicely.

pic:
5104362904_0a898f7b5a.jpg

Back