• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ate my first half a carribean red today...

Had my first ripe carribean red today. Picked it and was wondering what to do with it.

Sliced up half into a burrito for dinner (well more like a fajita with beef and veggies, no beans or rice in it) and chowed it down. Hot. Very hot. Sweat inducing hot.

Hmmmm. I think all the fresno and jalapeno eating isn't really working up my tolerance lately.

I have 30 more ripening... not to mention the oh, 100 naga and 100 7 pot pods....

Just HOW much hotter is a naga? sheesh, dunno if I will actually be able to EAT them. LOL

I think the Carribeans' are around 350,000 sch. So a Naga will be roughly twice to three times as hot!
I reckon that you will love them, don't know about just chowing down on a half of one on a regular basis though. Make some nice sauce!

Yah, this half a pod left my mouth burning for 10 mins afterwards...

double or triple the heat? hot damn.

Someone remind me NOT to lick my lips when eating these things...

The Nagas are weird for we compared to other pods, they seem to heat my face up and then my whole body. The lips come away fairly unscorched though!

Heres a vid of my old work mate trying one out for the first time. He said he was going to channel the pain. HA!

Yeah JayT thats the workshop. It was a Friday afternoon after we had finished up and we ALWAYS have a few beers on a friday afternoon. :) Call it a "bonding" session if you like!

Oi, tummy is kinda on fire still so I will make some poppers tonight. One will be the killer half pod remaining...

Oh I am going to pay tomorrow...

Novacastrian said:
The Nagas are weird for we compared to other pods, they seem to heat my face up and then my whole body. The lips come away fairly unscorched though!

Heres a vid of my old work mate trying one out for the first time. He said he was going to channel the pain. HA!

OMG.

Your guy was lit up!

hmmmmmmmmmm. I don't think the vid helped my confidence level! hahaha

So is there any amount of money that would get James to eat another one? How about a Bhut or a 7 pot? I was feeling sorry for the guy, that looked like some serious pain.

Nice. I don't envy the moments that anyone goes through after eating these things. The most I've done is a full Orange Habanero and that was bad enough!

Good for ya, the Caribbean Red's a true staple in our house already after last year here. One of my all-around favorites!

Great vid too Nova. Pretty funny just watching the situation rapidly deteriorate after the first swig of beer, lol.

ok, carribean red poppers is HOT.

Woooo.

Sweat inducing.. sniffly nose.

Great STUFF.

No ear ringing though. Naga's induce ear ringing and the endorphin rush everyone talks about? I don't get a rush. I just like hot stuff. I'd like to feel the rush though.

Yup lost he definantly earned his tenna. Funny thing is that after i finished filming he went out the back and ejected the evil that was in his tummy. He went grocery shopping with his g/f that afternoon and said it felt like he had just smoked opium!
He also mentioned that NO amount of money could make him repeat his efforts and kept on saying how darn stupid he was to even consider doing it!
He isn't a chilli head either. My mild jerkey is too hot for him!!
Bwahahahahahaha. Got him!

See, I am doing something wrong, because I have done it three times now for free. I gotta get paid man! Lostmind, if a naga doesn't give you an endorphin rush, you will never get one from peppers.

Geez Louise Nova! Poor James really got manky. Loved the Australian handkerchief 'thang out of each nostril into the sink. That got's 'ta hurt!

Salute', TB.

dang.

that is all.

chit, I ws dared by tippycelt to down a tsp of the freakish liquid surrounding Nova's Dorsets...THAT was a drunken mistake.

Nothing like 100+proof aussie 'shine soaked in Dorset Naga fro months to really put hurt on...unreal pain. Like liquid fire.

Actually couldnt breathe for liek 20 sec after doing the 1 tsp. shot of it...bloody insane dood. Most of ye will never know whut I'm talking about..be glad for it.. heheheh.

and, ty! ;)

*oh, that Bih I stuck in a pint of whisky last yr? I couldn't get it out..it's still in there, taunting me.....it's liek perma-preserved..and waiting to inflict massive damage.

Back