• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Anyone know what this is?

Siam_match.jpg

I bought it as a seedling with the name "Siam" written on it. It struggled for 6 months then went to 1 M high.

Pods are bright yellow when ripe, heaps of flavour & *great* heat towards the stem.

Best part is it's been putting out around 20 ripe pods every 2 weeks & doesn't look like slowing down any time soon.

{Have also noticed that as pods are developing, if we get a storm, the pod bends - the one in pic is a 2 storm pod...I have some that have curled all the way around, but most are straight with slight curl at the end}

OK well, it does look similar to the shipkas with a few differences. It has a 5 petal flower & the Stamen are light green

Sorry for my blurry pic {holding flower in one hand & *dodgy* camera in other}
flwr_crop.jpg

Thanks for the help

***Will send free "Siam" seeds to whoever works it out ;) ***

Better flower pic (& underside of leaves)

flwr_crop_2.jpg

Thinner than those & the pods hang down POTAWIE ...also it only has 2 colors - starts green changes to yellow..nothing else .

Yours look very cool though...rainbow peppers ;)

texas blues has made a suggestion at my post over in 'Fun Zone' that it's a Thai Dragon - from what i could find, I'm inclined to agree although couldn't find a pic of that flower & they only come in red. {maybe mines a Thai 'Golden' Dragon :P }

I ate (some of) a 'Siam' with dinner tonight & i swear it was as hot as a Hab!:drooling: Will have to wait for chilliman64 to develop his very special "Home Scoville Test" for proof tho ;)

The flower also looks a lot like a Hab - If someone can find a Thai Dragon flower pic & it matches my Siam - I'll send them seeds too....Hell i get about 100 seeds a week off it :lol:

Bentalphanerd, Thanks for sliding me over to the original post. Geez louise if its not a Thai, then it plumb evades me. Pay not attention to that man behind the curtain.(Imaguitargod) I am surprised some of the higher ups and powers that be...Marco, Uncle Big etc. don't know this one. A little help?

I'm Hungarian, but Hungarian Hot Wax is not a pepper but an old female hair removal technique. I just so happen to be an expert in its application.

O.K going to finalize this for now.

Best guess was Texas Blues with 'Thai Dragon' although a good flower picture could not be found. Also the Thai Dragon only comes in red.
I will send off the seeds in next few days. If anyone has other suggestions - I still have plenty of seeds.

Thanks to all who participated :lol:

texas blues said:
I'm Hungarian, but Hungarian Hot Wax is not a pepper but an old female hair removal technique. I just so happen to be an expert in its application.
I make Hungarian Goulash, and happen to be an expert. So I'm told....LOL

cyotefishing said:
I've grown Thai peppers. There alot like the Chili Picane(little BB type size) but don't taste(flavor) as good.

These ones taste remarkably like yellow Habs although the heat varies every week depending on the weather.

bentalphanerd said:
These ones taste remarkably like yellow Habs although the heat varies every week depending on the weather.
Personnally, Habs are great fer heat in a sauce...but I'd eat a fresh Serrano anytime over em...jalapeno for that matter...

Back