• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Anyone know what this is called please.

Hi all, can anyone identify these little things please?

Ive tasted it, its fairly zingy but not real flashy tasting, its growing in a backyard he just moved in to.

kennys2.jpg

kennys1.jpg

Cheers,

Mezo.

I'm going with bitter too. All the ones I have ever eaten have been bitter (and disgusting).

Maybe though, just maybe... Brisso soil rejects O Habs and makes them bitter to punish the grower for even considering putting that crap into it...? ;)

Nah its gotta be to much radioactive brisbane sun that turns them bitter ;)

Are we talking full mongrel harry.or merely a half mongrel? :rofl:

Its been growing wild in this yard for years, thought it may be some Aussie bush chilli or something?

Mezo.

I've had issues with growing conditions that result in pods being spoiled by a bitter after taste. Habaneros I don't remember the orange habs though suffering this issue. Are you able to describe what exactly made it taste awful?

i cannot stand orange habs! WAY too sweet!

I've grown 3 orange Habanero candidate strains and none ever put out what I would call sweet pods. The first was a United Nurseries Yellow Habanero, the second was a Floriana Habanero and the third set were meant to be Fatalii plants. Despite some differences in pod shapes the taste was consistent among the 3 strains

Cap Chinense Anvillus Amberi- aka the Sun's Helmet. This a lesser known variety that originates from Panama. Not to be confused with Orange Habs they are thinner walled and have a alkaline based acidity. Most have few seeds and are quite palatable. I think that should have figged out your problem here.

Cap Chinense Anvillus Amberi- aka the Sun's Helmet. This a lesser known variety that originates from Panama. Not to be confused with Orange Habs they are thinner walled and have a alkaline based acidity. Most have few seeds and are quite palatable. I think that should have figged out your problem here.

I tried to search it & nothing? any pictures or links please.

Mezo.

Ok... Habanero/Mongrel Habanero/Anvillus Amberi/Sun Helmet/Bush Chilli aka Orange Hab Thing.

Next. :D

(Stop encouraging him, Bootsieb. :lol:)

I sussed out the other two on my own, took a fair while reading & looking at pics.

Still don't know what this hab/mongrel thing is though? you try & find a "Cap Chinense Anvillus Amberi- aka the Sun's Helmet"

I couldn't find anything on it?

Mezo.

Yeah, that'd be right, Mezo.... figure the others out by yourself and spoil the fun for the rest of us! :snooty:

In all honesty, I don't think you'll find an exact indentification of the orange one... it looks too generic to me. I dunno... I could be wrong!

Back