• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Anyone done a beef tongue?

Walchit said:
I really appreciate the input guys. And I am not a fan of gizzards, maybe I just haven't had one cooked right lol.

The tongue I had it Puerto Rico was closer to the texture of pudding than any other meat ive had lol. It was more tender than liver. I think it would be better if it a tually had some chew to it, but I really have no idea. I'm gonna cook it one of these days lol.
That could be a whole nother thread............STICK YOUR TONGUE ON A HOT WEBER [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Alright, you made me do it.
I'm a fan of lengua tacos. Done right, hard to beat.
I saw this thread and decided I had to give it a go myself. In the freezer I have a jar of adobada sauce that I made last year. A really good use for mild peppers, and freeze right up in a mason jar with no probs.
So, yesterday at the Asian market I picked up a couple of pig tongues for a little over 1.50 a lb. 24 hr soak in h2o in the fridge. Pulled out, rinse and 45 min in the insta pot. Pull out, quickly skin. Slice thin and quick fry on the stove. Add adobada sauce and bring up to temp. Plop on a burrito with some chezzz, and some lightly fried shishito's.
Twas pretty good. Nice n soft, but in all honesty, same prep with a chop or loin would have been better. This was good, but not worth the effort.

But, the adobada sauce is really good, and you could use your own recipe, or augment with your own fave peppers for some zing. Something like this:
http://www.choosy-beggars.com/index.php/2010/09/15/carne-adovada

Back