• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Any reviews of PH perfect from advanced nutrients?

Hey all they don't have them yet in my area. But if any of you Canadians have been using them let me know.

i have seen it but got sticker shock for essentially what amounts to seaweed extract. i think the iguana is $85 and i could buy a barrell of GH for that price.

Mr. Colon,

You can get one liter complete sets for just shy of $30. This will last me a long time. I know it is still many times more expensive than the bag of dry nutes I use. Sometimes don't have the energy to check and adjust my PH when it is neeeded so I let it go for a while. Also I will be trying to grow outdoors and checking in the dark may be a hassle.

I have discovered that you can have concentrations of 400-1100 PPm and not screw up your plants too much. You can not do resevoir changes for 2-4 weeks and not see that much of a difference. PH on the other hand in 2-3 days I can have a pH of 7.5 and that makes a difference.

If it really works for say ~3 weeks with top offs it is so worth it to me.

This is going to sound funny but I work ~60 hours a week so I don't have to get hung up on money.My life is relatively simple; I don't buy things to create or maintain an image, my entertainment apetites are cheap and I like cheap beer.

So it really does work, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand grower convenience pays for itself. No ph meter, really. And it stays stable for weeks? Well worth it then. If you consider hydroponics uses less then half the water and fetilizer soil does.

I don't know if it works. When I go to the "herb" sites the whole discussion deteriorates into arguments about marketing without anyone saying anything about its effectiveness. It is on the pricey side for pepper growing but I know there are a bunch of tinkerers on this site who would try it just to try it.

I am just going to order it and see. I'll keep you posted. The problem is I am doing outdoor Hydro for the first time so I won't have any bench marks. I may show my system for feedback.

Let me post some pictures this weekend and see if you still feel the same way. You might be right. I figure I'll get as much growth as I can from hydro and put them in the ground if it gets too hot.

It might not need a chiller, nft tends to get hot easier then say dwc but I could be wrong about that.

I've been using them for 3 months now and really like them. I top water my smart pots full of pro-mix HP with 1/4 strength nutes every watering, plain water every 4th watering. I just don't have the space to do a proper hydro set up. I do have a PH pen, and the Ph perfect seems to buffer my tap water down to 6.4 pretty consistently.

Mind you I don't keep a standing reservoir of nutrients, so I can't speak to the long term stability of the buffers.

BC, I got my 3 part set ( 1L each grow,micro,bloom) for around $30 at my hydro shop. At the rate I'm going, the 1L containers will last me until the spring at least. Then I think I will upsize to larger containers since my peppers seem to love the stuff

Back