• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any Fellow Michiganders On Board THP?

Just curious.

My wife is a spicy foods wimp, so rarely do I cook foods with the heat level that I'd enjoy. I usually end up adding some of my ground peppers or some of the many hot sauces that I keep on hand to my bowl or plate of food. I also grow way more peppers than I can use in a years time and even though I dry and can them, I refuse to quit growing them the next season, so there's always a surplus. Last year I grew 30 jap plants intending to make poppers and share with our kids, but they spent most of the summer away.
I've been hoping to find a nearby fellow pepper lover that grows their own or likes peppers but doesn't have anywhere to grow them to swap/share or take some of these off my hands every Fall.
Or even to come over and help me eat the peppers I grow or the dishes I'd like to make using them. I LOVE poppers and am always looking for more ways to make them.

I hate throwing peppers into the compost pile, but my wife will probably leave me if I try to put another jar of dried peppers on the shelves of our fruit cellar.

Anyone here near Flint Michigan?

John

Back