• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Another Interesting Sprout

Ever seen this before? One of my guajillo sprouted with three leaves instead of the usual two. Looks pretty interesting and I'm wondering what affect it will have on the rest of the plants growth.

Guajillo.jpg

Ever seen this before? One of my guajillo sprouted with three leaves instead of the usual two. Looks pretty interesting and I'm wondering what affect it will have on the rest of the plants growth.

Guajillo.jpg

I have a couple of Rocoto sprouts with three cotyledons. I'll be curious to see if they will have three nodes instead of the usual two at the base.

I don't see any issue with my two sprouts growth wise.

hmm tricot i had that with a Habanero this year its doing fine

is seems very common and doesn't seem to be too detrimental to the plant, sometimes it can

just keep an eye on it, sometimes you might see a tricot exhibiting slower growth than the normal dicot plant mine was very behind and it seemed to pic up after awhile
im not an expert just drawing on my own personal experiences

hope this helps thanks your friend joe

Does help a lot, thanks guys! I thought if anything it would be a positive effect as this sprout has an extra leaf to photosynthesize with.

Back