• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Third Harvest 06-30-09

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
things are looking up...harvested a little over 6 pounds today...pics and log follow...it may be a good year...

063009b006.jpg

063009c001.jpg

Harvest306-30-09.jpg

Nice display and pics of your harvest TexasRonnie. Should make for some nice 4th of July table fare. Have you tried a brain strain pod yet? Curious minds want to know.

Bountiful harvest, looks delicious. What are your plans for the harvest, youre going to have enough chilis to give recommended dosage of c-vitamin for a couple of years :) Good growing

Nice harvest, AJ. What are the big ones in the back that look like Poblanos - are those the Ancho Luis in your log? At any rate, they look like they would be perfect for Chile Rellenos.

Very nice AJ. That's a big haul. And a lot of work keeping track of the details. You have me counting pods this year, 1st time I've ever done that.

thanks all...

imaguitargod said:
EAT THE HEAT!

Repeat!!!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Have you tried a brain strain pod yet? Curious minds want to know.

Haven't taste it yet Cappy...just not the right time yet...maybe this evening with pictures...

Silver_Surfer said:
Lotta pods there AJ, dang near a pound of Bull's Horn. Those must be pretty thick walled peppers.

the bulls horns are definitely thick walled and make good stuffers...they weight about 2 ounces each...

lavish said:
Bountiful What are your plans for the harvest?

POTAWIE said:
What's the plans for these ones, some 4th of July hottstuff?

will probably be making some sauce this weekend. Some of them will be used for cooking, making pico de gallo and salsa....

Bob_B said:
Nice harvest, AJ. What are the big ones in the back that look like Poblanos - are those the Ancho Luis in your log? At any rate, they look like they would be perfect for Chile Rellenos.

you got it right on the nose BB...those are the Ancho San Luis and are great stuffed like Poblanos...I think they are some type of poblano anyway...

RichardK said:
Good job AJ, going into business? ;) I'm getin a good haul here as well.

Good deal Richard...and yes, in business I am...

Quick question AJ, what's the difference between pico de gallo and salsa?
And by the way anchos are the same as poblanos, but it usually refers to the dried pods

The biggest difference between pico is pico is just chunks of serranos or jalapeno's normally, sliced chucks of onion,tomatoe, splash of lime and cilantro. Pico is real basic where as salsa is more soupy and usually has more ingredients. Hope that helps!

The
POTAWIE said:
Quick question AJ, what's the difference between pico de gallo and salsa?
And by the way anchos are the same as poblanos, but it usually refers to the dried pods

Back