• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs 22nd Harvest 11-07-08

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
This is part one of my 22nd harvest...mostly superhots...

110708a005.jpg

Read left to right and you can see the name and weight of the peppers...

I got tired of picking this afternoon and will finish the 22nd harvest in the morning...

AJs22ndharvest11-07-08Part1.jpg

Oh AJ that looks so good! Especially since we have about 4-6 inches of snow on the ground today which I hope will go away soon. I keep checking my seeds in their packages and I know the potential there..just have to get through winter lol. Great harvest.

thanks Jackie, I hope you guys up north don't think I am rubbin' it in...I am very fortunate to live where I do with a long grow season...

didnt you harvest a table just like that a couple of days ago? :P 22nd harvest!? great job AJ!

thanks man...I have had a table full for the past 3 or 4 weeks uUu...

How can one person pick that many Red Savinas??? :P
Looks impressive! Time for more concentrate I suppose!?

Wow man that is just a ridiculous amount of heat on that table. I'm glad this weather warmed back up a bit, I'm starting to get a few more ripe peppers but nothing like that. I've kinda gave up on feeding them though, I'm probably about to turn one into a bonchi :) Did it get cold up in dallas last night? It was pretty chilly down here this morning. Love the pics as always

Chiliac said:
How can one person pick that many Red Savinas??? :)
Looks impressive! Time for more concentrate I suppose!?

yup, more concentrate...its not hard to pick that many savinas when you have 5 plants loaded like this Chiliac...this picture is of the plant I lost half of when it fell off the wall about a month ago....

110708a001.jpg

Txclosetgrower said:
Did it get cold up in dallas last night?

I don't do Dallas...I live in West Fort Worth...got down to 42 last night....

JayT said:
Holy crap does it ever end???

a couple more weeks and it will be finished JayT...the plants are pushing pods trying to get their seeds out...

Excellent harvest as always AJ.

Is it mainly superhots because they take so long to get moving or that is all you have left? Just wondering.

AJ,

I think you ought to contact our president-elect and apply for the position of Secretary of Agriculture. With your ability to outproduce any three other people combined, think of how much more corn and wheat farmers across the States could provide!

All I can say is, dude - you don't have a green thumb, you have ten of them on your two hands.

Mike

AJ - WOW :) thats another very impressive harvest!!!

pepperfever said:
since we have about 4-6 inches of snow on the ground today which I hope will go away soon.

it'll be good for the deer hunters down south this weekend (firearms opener) up here we didnt get much just some light rain today & a mix of sleet but that wasnt til around 5pm & on

AlabamaJack said:
got down to 42 last night.....

that'll be the highs for my area all week long, then its only going down more.

Huge harvest like always. I'd like to know how in the world you ever going to eat them all. Your powder stockpile must be very impressive. Awesome job.

thanks for the kind words all...

cmpman1974 said:
You've topped us all. Chris

chilliman64 said:
please tell us your secrets master

It is probably the number of plants I am picking from...like about 9 Dorsets, 7 Fataliis, 10 7 pots, etc...you got to remember how many total plants I have (still have 200+ plants) plus the fact that most everything this year was done because of advice I received here on THP...the one exception I suppose is the nutrients I was using and feeding on a weekly basis...

millworkman said:
Is it mainly superhots because they take so long to get moving or that is all you have left? Just wondering.

I had some really badly sunscalded plants when I first planted out this year because I didn't harden them off properly...most of the ones that are producing like mad now are those plants...and the fact that only a very few plants kept producing in July/August because of the hot hot weather...but in September when the weather cooled off all the plants busted loose with new growth and flowers and set fruit almost immediately...I said if I could just keep the plants healthy during the July/August timeframe, I should have a great fall harvest but never in the world imagined I would get this many peppers...

I will start picking pods again this morning in about 2 hours...gotta pick cayennes, serranos, some japs, and all the ebay plants that have the heat/taste of the superhots but not the right pod types...guessing I will get about another 10-12 pounds or so...

as PRF said above, finding a way to use these pods before they spoil is a challenge and that is why I have stared making paste with them....the 9 tray excalibur dehydrator can't keep up...and I do have a lot of dried pods...

Holy Peppers Batman! Nice harvest AJ. I am totally jealous. The only place I think I can set up a garden is in my front yard. You think my neighbors would mind if I set up chickenwire around my lawn and driveway? :lol:

Buddah said:
Holy Peppers Batman! Nice harvest AJ. I am totally jealous. The only place I think I can set up a garden is in my front yard. You think my neighbors would mind if I set up chickenwire around my lawn and driveway? :lol:

roflmao @ Buddah...you could try it....all they could say is they don't like it unless you are a member of your neighborhood association...then no comment...

I just picked another 2 pounds of "ebay superhots" (Bih Jolokia and Dorset Naga...they have the heat/taste but not the right pod shape)...dang my hands are cold...it is 45 right now so I am in and out of the house trying to keep warm...never thought I would be harvesting peppers in this kind of weather...

Back