• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs 21st Harvest 10-31-08

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
This is part one of my 21st harvest...ran out of room on the table so I took a pic to post before I cleared it and am taking a break...have been picking for almost 3 hours....

10-31-08a012.jpg

If you read the list top to bottom and then look at the pic starting at the top left to right you can identify what I picked...

21stHarvest10-31-08Part1.jpg

Drinking an off Friday DefCon Zero Bloody Mary...It is going to be a great day...back in a while with harvest picture part 2...

It doesn't look like I will top last weeks harvest....may not even get 20 pounds today...

Holy shit man you have got to be up to your elbows in pods by this point. Better be careful posting all those gorgeous pics this time of year lest you make our northern neighbors all jealous :) My few plants are still producing albeit at a slower rate so I still have some fresh peppers but nothing like this. You should just put all the peppers in a kiddie pool and go swimming.

I just fell out of my chair looking at your Halloween harvest! Your plants produced like crazy using the Botanicare ferts this fall. I am ashamed to say all I used on my plants all year was seaweed and fish ferts early on and then Miracle Grow every few weeks this summer. Buying better food for the plants next year. Great looking table full of peppers AJ.:)

AlabamaJack said:
It doesn't look like I will top last weeks harvest....may not even get 20 pounds today...

Geez, AJ, I probably didn't get much more than 20 pounds on the entire year (not including the Hot Wax).

Mike

21st Harvest Part 2

Let me tell you, I am actually ready for this grow season to be over...I am plain tired and need a couple months rest before 2009 germination time...

Here is the rest of todays harvest...

103108b001.jpg

and the names and weights...mixed up and does not match the photo..sorry

AJs21stHarvest10-31-08Part2.jpg

todays totals....9.12 Kg or a little over 20 lbs...thats 53 pounds in the last two harvest...I love October...

Things are definitely slowing down and the pods are getting smaller...I passed 1300 pods today from the one 2nd year orange hab plant...

I still have a major harvest coming from the Jalapeno Ms and Serranos....probably 10 pounds or so...

Thank you to all on the site that has helped me have such a good year...in fact, this is my best year EVER....

thanks RB...but...if you don't want to work your little butt off, DON'T...this has been a very hard year on me...unless you have 5-6 hours a day to give the plants, it ain't worth it...9 months and 12 days until retirement then I can play at gardening...

Maybe I'll stick at 55 varieties then, I found that a bit time consuming, mainly with re-potting and watering, then de-bugging halfway through the season. My harvest probably would have looked bigger if I didn't pick each pepper off as soon as it was ripe. Great job though AJ.

thanks RB...it has been a hard year but the benefits have been worth it...I am truly going to try and hold the number down to 200 next year...

WOW AJ. I truly can't fathom what you do with all your pods. I overgrow them most times. You better pop peppers like candy to use them all. You could ship 20 lbs of powder soon! lol. Great harvest. I'm impressed.

Chris

AlabamaJack said:
This is part one of my 21st harvest...ran out of room on the table so I took a pic to post before I cleared it and am taking a break...have been picking for almost 3 hours....

10-31-08a012.jpg

If you read the list top to bottom and then look at the pic starting at the top left to right you can identify what I picked...

21stHarvest10-31-08Part1.jpg

Drinking an off Friday DefCon Zero Bloody Mary...It is going to be a great day...back in a while with harvest picture part 2...

Fiesta time dude.

I was in awe of the first photo but then you mentioned it wasn't as big as your last one so I had to chase that thread down.

Holy &*#@ Batman er um AJ!! Those are the most amazing pictures of peppers I've ever seen! All planted, grown, and harvested by one man too! Incredible.

You are a dedicated pepper farmer AJ, I salute you. Stand up and take a bow.

you beat me to it Patrick - that is an impressive mound of Red Savs!

nice croppage AJ - you sure have a green thumb. now what are you going to do with all those pods? the dehydrator will be working overtime that's for sure.

Back