• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Air exhaust/intake for a 4x2 Grow Tent?

Hey,

I want to grow hot pepper and capsicum again this year.

I have a grow tent (4x2x5.9) that I would like to use for growing (until it is warm enough outside).
I'm just wondering how I could ventilate it quietly and cheaply (exchange the air).
Quiet is particularly important because I would like to sleep right next to the tent. :D

I would like to avoid buying an inline duct fan for over 100 EUR.

Does anyone know if there are any alternatives?

Last edited:
An option is to simply leave the tent's top and bottom vents open and/or the upper corner zipper cracked open and run a small/cheap fan inside the tent. Your lights likely don't put off so much heat that additional air exchange would be needed. Plus, if you run your lights cycled on during the day and off at night, a little light escaping the vents won't be a disturbance. Currently, I'm running just the frames of my 4x2 tents (without the cloth cover) to hold the lights over the table and have an oscillating fan in the room for a little air movement. Works like a charm for me - and gives me great access to the plants - but light pollution isn't an issue where I have them.

Last edited:
Hey,

thank you! :)

Yes, heat is really not a problem.

I mean I can't have the tent in the other rooms because it would be to cold.
Even when the tent is completely closed.

For salad the temperature was okay in the other rooms but not for capsicum/pepper. :D

Its more about to get "fresh" air in the tent.

I even don't know if its important.

My 33W LED don't get hot and the power "driver" is like from a notebook and not in the tent.

Last edited:
Hey,

thank you! :)

Yes, heat is really not a problem.

I mean I can't have the tent in the other rooms because it would be to cold.
Even when the tent is completely closed.

For salad the temperature was okay in the other rooms but not for capsicum/pepper. :D

Its more about to get "fresh" air in the tent.

I even don't know if its important.

My 33W LED don't get hot and the power "driver" is like from a notebook and not in the tent.
If you are really worried about "fresh" air for the plants, you could make a homemade c02 device using a plastic soda bottle and some tubing, then adding sugar water and yeast. But really, just opening the door everyday will be fine.

Back