Aero Garden Classic 7 in White worth it @ $50

My local Goodwill has the Classic marked at $99.99 but today it is 50% off.  Looks to be used but in New Condition, never used, in the box with the lights, etc.  Is it worth $50?  Right now I have the heat mat, seed trays and rockwool or jiffy pellets.  Oh, and what do you use for medium for pepper seed?  Not interested in buying their pre-done pods but rather using my own seeds, etc.

thanks,

Jim

I dunno at that price. It depends on what you want to do. Earlier this year I picked up 4 classics for $10.99 each and my local thrift store, and one ultra for $15. Even at that price I am still kinda "meh" about them. They are decent starters, and cloners, but you have to move the plants out if you want any real growth. The LED version is best but it's still can't really support full size plants IMO.

I bought blank sponges and cages off Amazon (or ebay) to start seeds. It works ok, but I recommend using a heating pad under the Aero to get them to pop sooner. The plants will need to be moved into pots after a month or so because the roots start getting tangled. You can also buy a starter pod set of 66 that sit on top. I have not tried those yet but may this year.

yes it is a good price especially if all the goodies are there.. I have 3 of them and use them to start seeds. They seem to do better than regular soil for germination and seedling growth. 
just my 2 cents..

Back