• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Advice on pruning [pics]

Hello, I am a first time grower, and my plants had a near death experience in their earlier stages (storm, infestation, neglect). I ended up topping them, and they have taken off since then. 

I feel the need to trim them but I am afraid and confused. Below is a Star Of Turkey in question:

expRHY.jpg

1UAgHF.jpg

h4b5c8.jpg

I can provide more pics if needed. Is it fine to have the multiple shoots at the base? Should I be focusing on trimming so it grows a little more outward? I'm beginning to over analyze :mope: Any advice is greatly appreciated & thanks for reading!

Mr. Moruga said:
Hello, I am a first time grower, and my plants had a near death experience in their earlier stages (storm, infestation, neglect). I ended up topping them, and they have taken off since then. 

I feel the need to trim them but I am afraid and confused. Below is a Star Of Turkey in question:

expRHY.jpg

1UAgHF.jpg

h4b5c8.jpg

I can provide more pics if needed. Is it fine to have the multiple shoots at the base? Should I be focusing on trimming so it grows a little more outward? I'm beginning to over analyze :mope: Any advice is greatly appreciated & thanks for reading!
looks good let her go !      :onfire:

I've done a bunch of screw ups this grow season start. Yet again! lol Honestly I wish most of my peppers looked like that! They look healthy and promising, man! I wouldn't worry much. Continue doing what you're doing. As for taking off the lower branches.... well I do normally do that. Prevent low hanging fruits / leaves touching the soil? I dunno. I am fairly new to all this, but I have read that having them hang low / touch soil increases disease spread and other issues? Again.. super green :)

Looking good from here as well.  First year for topping for me as well, and was worried, but after a couple of weeks, all is going very well for me here.

Spicy Mushroom said:
I've done a bunch of screw ups this grow season start. Yet again! lol Honestly I wish most of my peppers looked like that! They look healthy and promising, man! I wouldn't worry much. Continue doing what you're doing. As for taking off the lower branches.... well I do normally do that. Prevent low hanging fruits / leaves touching the soil? I dunno. I am fairly new to all this, but I have read that having them hang low / touch soil increases disease spread and other issues? Again.. super green :)

If you have low hanging branches growing out on a 90 degree angle or similar that are going to hinder plant position near other pots etc I would cut it off, but when branches are growing nice and vertical and close to the plant as yours are its all beneficial so leave them be.. If your plant can grow branches in  nice upward V pattern your doing well , and yours is.

Back