• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Add Nutrients When ?

From hippy pucks under lights, repot into Solo's in the jiffy puck peat with Pro Mix HP and all seems well with the first batch getting their 3rd-4th set of leaves all about 3 or so inches tall. When does one need to add some vitamins seeing the the soil has non. They'll be inside till apprx mid / end of May unless the temps stay freaked out. Will they require a subsidy before that ?

Sorry not hippy rather jiffy pucks, fat fingers and spell check sucks lol.

You can start already, just go easy with the first nutrients mix, don't go over 40% of recommended value for the first round.

This question is likely to get a different answer with each person. There are far to many medium / fert / water combos for there to be a universal answer... I say play around and see what works best for you. For instance, I use strictly RO/DI water with hydroponic nutes adjusted to pH 6.0 for my peppers in soil and they are fed 100% the moment they germinate. It works for me and my needs... it may not work for others.

-J

Back