• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod 7pod and Scorpion, which is which?

Hello Pepperheads!
I believe I got these 2 varieties correctly identified, but with various websites and youtube videos showing huge differences in pods I thought I'd ask for your help.

Below are a couple pods I picked today. The ones on the right were from seeds acquired as 7pod and then ones on the left were Scorpions. Are these in fact the correct peppers? I can tell you that I've found the ones on the right to be a bit hotter, in the gut anyhow because after I eat even one of these pods my stomach will ache for at least 2 hours afterwords.:P

trinidad.jpg

The ones on the right have a very rough and pimply texture similar to a Naga or Bhut, the ones on the left are very smooth.

It looks to me that you are correct the T. Scorpion left and 7 Pot right. I haven't tried a 7 Pot yet but have several about to be ripe and their texture look likes yours. How do both compare in heat to your nagas do you think?

Pepp3rFreak said:
Hello Pepperheads!
I believe I got these 2 varieties correctly identified, but with various websites and youtube videos showing huge differences in pods I thought I'd ask for your help.

Below are a couple pods I picked today. The ones on the right were from seeds acquired as 7pod and then ones on the left were Scorpions. Are these in fact the correct peppers? I can tell you that I've found the ones on the right to be a bit hotter, in the gut anyhow because after I eat even one of these pods my stomach will ache for at least 2 hours afterwords.:P

How about flavor differences?

I can't offer any help but i thought i would mention the fact that your pictures of the pods are awesome. It looks as though they are "seeping" heat onto your benchtop!!!

Novacastrian said:
I can't offer any help but i thought i would mention the fact that your pictures of the pods are awesome. It looks as though they are "seeping" heat onto your benchtop!!!
They *are* beautiful little things, aren't they? They almost don't look real because they're so perfect looking.

The bushes always look like little x-mas trees to me when they're full of beautiful pods.

Great looking pods, Pepp3rFreak!

Thanks all!! It's good to get some clarification and I'm glad to see my labeling was correct.

Oh, and yeah the 7pods/pots are pretty much poisonous as they tear your guts apart, it's great!!! From the peppers I've grown the Nagas, Bhuts, or Scorpions can't compare to the pain they have on the stomach and back of the throat. I'd rather eat 3 wimpy Scorpions instead of 1 7pod :)

Oh, I thought I'd also share, I've made my first good batch of sauce last night. It consisted of 50 Naga Morich's, 30 7Pods, 30 Scorpions, and 20 Fatallis.
deathsauce.jpg

Beautiful color of your very hot Naga7FatScorp sauce, looks very professional with the black shrink raps. It is why we work so hard for in the garden all year long. Nice.

Thanks for the report on the comparision taste test of the 4 hottest peppers in the world.

Great pics man! I agree those on the right look like one of the 7Pot strains, but those don't look like Scorps at least nt true ones. They are every bit as hot as a naga in my case hotter, and I also had a really bad stomach burn with the Scorpion. Also they should be pimpled like the Nagas.

Here are some pics of my Scorpions.

ChileScorpion2ndstrain.jpg

Here are some different pod shapes
ChileScorpions2.jpg

ChileScorpion4.jpg

Those other peppers on the left of your picture may be a less hot and smooth skin strain of Scorpion, or cross.

Pepp3rFreak said:
Oh, I thought I'd also share, I've made my first good batch of sauce last night. It consisted of 50 Naga Morich's, 30 7Pods, 30 Scorpions, and 20 Fatallis.
deathsauce.jpg

Holy Mother of Mary!!!!!!!!....that stuff sounds like you could run a funny car on it...Sure hope the bottles are thick glass! Nice Job!:mouthonfire:

Beautiful, Hows the Burn Scorpions go WHACK,, 7's build but they both have Habish rather than Nagaish flav..

sauce looks a bit warm too, got ya tub of ice cream handy for after :) looks like gonna need it, very nice mate

Pepp3rFreak said:
Thanks all!! It's good to get some clarification and I'm glad to see my labeling was correct.

Oh, and yeah the 7pods/pots are pretty much poisonous as they tear your guts apart, it's great!!! From the peppers I've grown the Nagas, Bhuts, or Scorpions can't compare to the pain they have on the stomach and back of the throat. I'd rather eat 3 wimpy Scorpions instead of 1 7pod :)

deathsauce.jpg
"50 Naga Morich's, 30 7Pods, 30 Scorpions, and 20 Fatallis" Sounds like you could clean out clogged pipes with that mixture.

Dang that's lovely sauce...does it glow in the dark too?

50 Naga Morich's, 30 7Pods, 30 Scorpions, and 20 Fatallis all for 12 bottles of sauce?! Holy crap! :shocked:

I like how you think man. ;-)

Back