• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic 4 bucket Hydroponic system setup?

Hey everyone. Right now I have a 1 bucket dwc system going right now an it's looking pretty good. So now I want to do more than 1 bucket system. I want to try doing a 4 bucket hydrophonic system hit I have no clue how to set one up or all the supply's I need to set it up. If you have any information that would help me, that would be great :) any tips or suggestions are good.

You need:
5 buckets, 4 for grow sites, 1 as an additional reservoir.
4 net pot bucket baskets, 6 inch or 10 inch,
1 bucket lid for reservoir
1 high power air pump
air tubing
4 air stones
5 1/2 inch barbed shut off valves
3 1/2 inch T connectors
2 1/2 L connector
5 1/2 grommets
50 ft of 1/2 inch black tubing
1 ft of blue tubing
1 1/2 barbed stopper
Conical drill bits work best
grow media (hydroton, coco, etc)

Here is the layout (for an 8 site):

e58fe8c2.jpg

Grommet and shut off

1b97c604.jpg

Air lines and stones go to each grow site

054a48af.jpg

7c999328.jpg

We manufacture a similar set up for 4 or 8 sites.
You can expand these up to 12 sites.
We add a separate air pump and stone for the reservoir on our 8 site system that we sell.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any help!

Just wondering???
How much would a 8 bucket set up like the one pictured run$?
The system pictured is a 5 gallon with 6inch baskets, comes with grow rocks,and additional pump, $270+ shipping.
We offer single dwc systems for around $30+ shipping.
4 sight systems run around $150

They are available with 3.5 or 5 gallon grow sites, 6 or 10 inch baskets, with and without grow media.

Thanks! Chris

What makes your system better than this one on ebay for $255 that INCLUDES shipping?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c5c1ced55

Smokin' Hot,

The example you linked to on ebay is a recirculating system.
The systems we offer are simple deep water culture systems.

Honestly, we have no idea how someone else's system performs versus the systems we offer, without a side by side comparison of their specific unit and components.

We build each system by hand, specifically for our clients, with quality components that we find perform well over time.

We offer an affordable complete system at a price that is comparable to sourcing all of the components individually and building it yourself.
Our single site units are some of the most affordable in the marketplace.
For the DIY, you can certainly build/source your own components and save a few dollars. (See parts list above)

We typically don't offer free shipping. We don't make money on shipping.

Our systems, as well as any item we sell, is properly packaged to arrive in excellent condition.
Most of the systems we ship via Federal Express ground in the US and Canada.
Smaller components and other items may ship via USPS or UPS.

We recognize that their may always be a better price on a similar item, from some seller, somewhere on ebay, amazon, craigslist etc. or someone offering "free shipping"
For that reason, we won't always be the cheapest deal. However, seasonally we offer discounts, like 10% off your order.
Regular customers or larger orders enjoy similar discounts.
Our goal is not to be "crazy eddies super duper discount hydro monster superstore going out of business sale", but to develop long term customers through our service and referrals.

We are growers too! We are constantly learning something new here at THP and hope we contribute as well.

You can see examples of our gardens on our blog here on THP, including a video.
We are trying to keep up with our 2012 THP Glog too.

You can always reach us via email or phone during business hours should you need something.

Regards, Chris

Good answer, sell your product. If someone can sell for a few bucks less, so be it. Just provide great customer service, people will pay a little more for knowledable vendors.

thank you for the information guys. i like both of your ideas and i like that Alpha has alot of imforation about his product. it makes me really think about investing into your product in the near future. :) I have been always comfused how a 2 or more bucket system works. How does it excatly work Alpha?

Also i was looking your your website and i could not find a 4 bucket system set. could you tell me it is?

I love good sales pitches. The fact that Alpha is in here promoting his product and hopefully can be reached here to help is a big plus from a customers standpoint. I also checked out the website and didn't see either the 8 or 4 bucket system either. I've only run 1 buck due to lack of space, but even 1 bucket under a 400 watt HID produced tons of fruit!

thank you for the information guys. i like both of your ideas and i like that Alpha has alot of imforation about his product. it makes me really think about investing into your product in the near future. :) I have been always comfused how a 2 or more bucket system works. How does it excatly work Alpha?

Rick, The 4 (or 6 or 8) all work the same as a 1 site.
Each has its own air stone as does the main reservoir.

The main difference is that the grow sites and the main reservoir are all linked together and share the same nutrient mix.
When placed on a level surface, you fill the main reservoir which evenly distributes the nutrient solution to all of the grow sites.
When the level of the nutrient solution reaches the desired height in the main reservoir, all of the grow sites will have that same amount.
You monitor the level of nutrient solution in all of the grow sites via the water level indicator tube located on the main reservoir and top off as needed.

Also i was looking your your website and i could not find a 4 bucket system set. could you tell me it is?

the links are temporarily down but will be up shortly... sorry for that.

I love good sales pitches. The fact that Alpha is in here promoting his product and hopefully can be reached here to help is a big plus from a customers standpoint. I also checked out the website and didn't see either the 8 or 4 bucket system either. I've only run 1 buck due to lack of space, but even 1 bucket under a 400 watt HID produced tons of fruit!
the links are temporarily down but will be up shortly... sorry for that.

BTW, I am all over the spicy lemonade recipe with a kick!

Besides being a market gardener (mainly hydroponics), I also manufacture systems and sell them in three local indoor gardening/hydro shops and do custom jobs for independent customers. As a price comparison to those listed above, I just got back from selling a four-site (five buckets counting the reservoir) recirculating system for $300 - that's just about enough to cover the massage therapy I would need from putting it together for the client. :confused:

DIY is how I got into the manufacturing side of hydro, and it can be fun, but can become tricky when growing in complex systems with interdependent sites; building an individual DWC is much different than the system pictured above or putting together a recirculating system. I've had plenty of mishaps and learning experiences - some laughable, some painful; it's always nice to have professionals like Alpha who build their own systems and can explain the ins and outs to customers.

Back