• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies 2012 the movie

I went and watched this last night and OMG it's up there as the best movie i've seen all year....JMO

It was one of those movies that is all about the visual affects...and god they were good.

Not a thinking movie but you basically know that before you go.....Just sit back, switch off and enjoy the ride...:lol:

It's a MUST SEE at the cinema....

Who else has seen it?

Downloaded a "CAM" version from a site that shall remain nameless...

It was too crappy to watch. I want to see this so BAD!!

The trailer for this one didn't interest me that much.....i think i'd rather see "The Road"(besides, i'll watch anything with Charlize Theron in it.....)

i'll be giving it a miss, i don't like films where you leave your brain at the door,
The majority of films now just throw in loads of special effects and some half arsed story. Sorry not my thing
I like a good comedy or something that has a decent script and story to it.
I'd have to say my favorite films at the moment have been the saw series

Davetaylor said:
i'll be giving it a miss, i don't like films where you leave your brain at the door,
I'd have to say my favorite films at the moment have been the saw series

Ya, the Saw flicks you just leave your brain at the door, a wall, the other room down the hall, a couple of pockets maybe....;)

I agree that for shows like 2012 or Transformers, ya really need the theater or DVD since it's all about the FX.

the saw films make you use your brain, maybe not in the storyline sense, but in the sense of, would you be able to save yourself faced with the decision when wired to some of the contraptions. Is/would your survival instinct be strong enough? Would it

As for one of my favorite comedies it would have to be my cousin vinny

Davetaylor said:
the saw films make you use your brain, maybe not in the storyline sense, but in the sense of, would you be able to save yourself faced with the decision when wired to some of the contraptions. Is/would your survival instinct be strong enough?

I'll give ya this. The first SAW was compelling and interesting to watch, but now we're at what? SAW 6? Please. Talk about beating a dead horse. My IQ dropped when i made the mistake of paying to go see the second one.:lol:

enough of saw! end it already please. As for 2012 I cant wait to see this movie, read a few books about it. And as for cam jobs, no thanks, I'd rather wait for the DVD. Even the best cam jobs cannot get the special effects looking even decent.

This looks like a great ride.

As for Saw i can barely watch most of it, lest the contents of my stomach becomes a new kind of floor covering!

Yeah, I liked Hostel and Tourista, but the Saw series is just meh...if I wanted fun with splatter I'd go see G.W.A.R. ;)

Saw (hehehe) it about 2 weeks ago. FARKIN loved it!

Like Moy said, sit back hold on tight and enjoy on the ride.

As close to a rollercoaster ride sans rollercoaster as you can get.

Plot 7.321 / 10
FX 27.2 / 10
Overall :mouthonfire:

I'm glad I went to see this a few days after release and at the earliest showing on a weekday.

When they talked about the neutrinos being altered somehow by a solar max and some planetary alignment, and thus fundamentally altering how neutrinos react, I burst out laughing.

That was right up there with that episode of Star Trek Voyager where the ship gets pulled into a black hole and escapes through a hole in the event horizon.

15 minutes later when I stopped laughing, I started to enjoy the movie for what it is, eye candy.

On that front, it succeeds admirably, and I will definitely be buying the blu-ray when it's released. I like eye candy movies.

i tend to laugh a lot at films like this and say things like 'yea right like that would happen' it drives the wife nuts.
Year back when i went to see armageddon i fell asleep it was that good!! After all the special effects at the start when the main 'plot' kicked in and after a few comments about how crap it was, it actually bored me to sleep

Davetaylor said:
i tend to laugh a lot at films like this and say things like 'yea right like that would happen' it drives the wife nuts.
Year back when i went to see armageddon i fell asleep it was that good!! After all the special effects at the start when the main 'plot' kicked in and after a few comments about how crap it was, it actually bored me to sleep

I am with you there! I also hate that bloody aerosmith song :hell:

sounds like another film where in the end it's only hype.
Come on folks more thought in films rather than CGI, i mean a strong story , a story that is different, something that makes the public think, or you could continue with your brain dead money making ventures churning out the same crap year after year.
Sorry folks must be at that age where life seems to be repeating over and over!

Back