• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
I mentioned in my Introduction thread that I'm growing a bunch from seed for the first time. The only success I've had from seed before were some Hungarian wax plants last year. But I also didn't really know what I was doing until now either. I'll post a few pictures in here once I get them into Photobucket, and will also be posting everything here in my blog, also called Texoma Heat. I get a seed starting tray with 50 peat pots and a bag of Jiffy seed starting mix, all set on top of a 24"x12" heating pad. I put all the seeds in moist paper towels yesterday and let them soak overnight in Ziploc bags on the heating pad with a sweatshirt over it. One of my cats found it to be a nice place to sleep as well. Here's what all has been...
This is from my blog (link is in signature): Finally! Seeds in dirt! Wooohooo! 144 peat pucks have been filled with 13 different varieties from 7 different sources, for a total of 18 different types to track (5 varieties are being planted from two sources). They were just sown, so the temps aren't back up to where they need to be yet.
I know I should've started this earlier. But better late than never, right? Anyways, here is my herd of planties this year.... straight from the store: basil, thai, thai, shishito (japanese variety), ring of fire: my 2nd avocado seedling and 4 thai (I didnt really plan to have so many thai, that's just what was available at the nursery at the moment): ROF as of 5.7.10:
So I took some pictures of my seedlings yesterday and I am posting the better ones. In case you haven't seen my intro thread in the welcome section, here is what I am growing this year: Bhut Jolokia - NMSU CPI & Seed saved from last season Fatali - Seed Savers Exchange Chocolate Habanero - Redwood City Seed Co White Habanero - Redwood City Seed Co Mustard Habanero - Seed Savers Exchange Datil - NMSU CPI Jamaican Red - Random produce stand in the Florida Keys Charleston Hot Cayenne - Seed saved from last season Tabasco - NMSU CPI Fish Pepper - Seed Savers Exchange Thai Red - Local asian grocery store Rooster Spur - Seed Savers Exchange Serrano Tampiqueño - Botanical Interests This year I am going to focus more on saving my own seed...
Well i dont have a working digital camera but i thought i would start one since i am gonna try growing my plants in pots indoors well my first pepper i transplanted wer 3 Tangerine Cheese sweet pepper plants about 5 inches tall. i wanted to do more varietys in diffrent pots but the others were to small. i got the pots from plum trees i planted this year.
Intended to have everything sorted out and germinating in early January, actually got seeds in dirt on 2nd of March. Was out of town a few times, drinking sessions and waiting for seeds. So Im kicking myself for being behind schedule, but its only two months, never mind, crack on. Wanted a range of heat, flavours and colours. Decided to grow a representative from each type of chilli, and a couple of ornamentals. Annuums: Jalapeno Serrano Tamaqueno Baccatums : Aji Norteno Pubesens: Rocoto Yellow Chinese: Safi scotch Bonnet Fatalii Dorset naga Frutescens: Hot Purrira Yellow The seed company sent me some Ring Of Fire seeds free also. For germination I leave them in some warm water in the airing cupboard overnight. Then I use the paper...
I figured why not...since I am growing a handful of plants this year it might be cool to keep a log. I have grown a few plants in the past but nothing to major. This year I only have two types started, Jalapeno and Habanero with several varieties of each. I will list what I started later since I am at work and I don't remember off the top of my head. Anyways...seeds started today so in a week or so I guess we'll see what we get. Here is a picture from a plant I grew last year since everyone likes pictures and there are none from this year yet. It is some variety of a Thai chili that was not too bad...had some fun with it. Ok...here's the list of seeds that are in the dirt: Billy Biker Jalapeno Goliath Jalapeno Purple Jalapeno TAM...
I normally wouldn't do this as I'm generally not organized enough, compared to most grow log posters. But since this is what a couple Brain Strain 7 Pots looked like 9 days after putting seeds down, I thought I ought to document this particular grow- Seriously? Jebus. I'd started a 100 cell tray with a production run of jalapenos and some more giveaway tomatoes and a test run of some of the seeds I received from Ecuador. I had 2 empty cells so I figured what the hell and tossed a couple Brain Strains in, figuring that since they take so long to germinate I'd just leave them in for a few weeks when I go to work and hope that they might come up when I get home. So I'm clearing the jals and toms and everything out of my germination...
Official 2010 Grow Log for arringdd Hey guys...finally got off my arse and started this grow log. I've been lurking around here for the past few months and have had seeds in the BioDome since Feb 4, but have been so busy with work that I haven't had the opportunity to post the pepper "experience" until now. I guess to start off with, I'll give you the rundown of all the species that I'm attempting this year.....my first by the way. These are in no particular order, and have the vendor info as well. Vendor abbreviations include (THSC - Hippy, PG - Peppergal, PM- PepperMania, TGSC - Tomato growers supply company, TWF - Trade winds fruit, GS - Gourmetseed.com, CG - Cherrygal.com, L - Lowe's, KS - Knoxville Seed) Lemon Drop (PG...
G'day all Been meaning to start a grow log for a while now. finally got off my arse to do it (finished my beer and on the way back from the fridge with a new one ;P ) i stared my seeds back in '09 at the end of nov, a complete newbie http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?15787-Starting-seeds-advice This is what germinated after what seemed like forever: 3/5 Dorset Naga's 1/5 Trinidad Scrop 5/6 Numex Twilight 14/24 Orange Habs ...and one Orange Hab seedling from Bunnings which got really sick. http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?16442-Bacterial-Spot-of-Pepper In the time between i've learnt alot !!! Last month i repotted all the plants i have left and the change has been amazing ! The seedlings that were growing...
Hi all! So I'm very new to this whole game and I've never grown peppers from seed before. I was poking around here, got a few ideas and started my first seeds Monday. A little late in the season I know, but better late than never...I'm just hoping something grows by the end of the year! Anyways I wasn't planning on doing a log, but yesterday (I'm out of town every Wednesday night) my wife called and said "Do you know you have a sprout?" and I got super jazzed :dance: and I don't know who else to tell! Hopefully you guys can help me out along the way, I have little to no idea what I'm doing. I also have very little money for this so my set up is kind of half-assed. I've got 40 seeds, some Bhut Jolokia, Habanero, White Habenero...
Hi, Haven't posted in a while but I was lurking the other day and it got me psyched to start some plants for this year. I just finished setting up about 40 Jiffy Pellets with the following varieties: XL Trinidad Congo Yellow Scorpion - CARDI Bhut Jolokia TFM Scotch Bonnet Peach Habanero Hot Paper Lantern Lemon Drop Fatali Orange Devil's Tongue Yellow Haberno 7-pot (120) Naga Morich (46) Mesilla Cayene (27) Tabasco (29) Jalepeno M Golden Greek Pepperoncini Trinidad Scorpion Agni Cayenne In order to have a successful season I have some stuff I really need to accomplish. One of my goals for the year is to craft a better setup for starting the plants out. My basement proves to be a little too cold for peppers this time of year. I...
Ok, I finally got around to potting the maters up today, some of them were going nuts, some were straggling along and some didnt do squat! I ended up with 22 plants. I will probably get a couple Beefsteaks going here soon too. I planted them about 4 weeks ago, they took about 8 days to all pop up. So heres my list of what I have... 6 Jersey Devil 4 Believe It Or Not 3 Russian Rose 5 Super Marzano VFNT 4 Belgium Giant Heres the Russian Roses, Believe It Or Nots & Super Marzanos And the Belgium Giants & Jersey Devils
Planted my seeds on Feb 6. I just have a 25 cell Burpee peat tray with coir pellets. The tray sat in our oven with the pilot light keeping it about 80 degrees. Seeds planted: 4 - Barrackpore 7pot 4 - Bhut Jolokia from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds 4 - Naga Morich (edit) from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds 4 - Red Habenero from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds 6 - Fatalii from last year's chiliseeds.UK seeds 8 - Naga Morich (edit) from my Nagaseeds plants 4 - Orange Habenero from last year's plants 4 - Jalapeno 4 - Serrano Today, I moved some them out of the oven and under a growlight. I have sprouts from the following seeds so far: 3 - Red Habenero 2 - Bhut 2 - Serrano 2 - Nagas
Well we will start at the start this year. I have built a grow box and i cant wait to use it. Im going to get some seed trays tomorrow and will have seeds in by tomorrow night. I ran the box with lights and fan and got 29 deg air temp in the center of the enclosure. here is the box closed up Now as you can see in the above pic...... the room is well lit. As you can see from the exposure of the pic below.... its bright in there. It mad my garage look dark. the lights in the roof And the fan thats pointing at an angle across the enclosure. Its perfect actually. It spreads air evenly but doesnt make a line of wind that i was worried it might. It just moves the air evenly around and will work a treat. Will take pics tomorrow...
Back