• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Vertigo Pepper Spicy Candy

My Wife gave me some Vertigo Pepper Spicy Candy and Spicy Watermelon Candy yesterday, from Bhut-Pepper.com.

These hard candies are just great. Not cheap, by any means, but I think they are well worth it. The Vertigo tastes fantastic and is fairly hot. They are made with Morouga Scorpion, Chocolate 7-pot, 7-pot Jonah, Trinidad Scorpion and Bhut Jolokia. You can easily taste the peppers, and this mixture gives a fantastic flavour. The package says "Rated at 2 million Scoville Units", but I`m not sure if one piece is rated at that (I doubt it) or the whole package of 28g (makes more sense). Still, they give a nice burn, generated a few endorphins and were absolutely delicious. All good in my book.

The Spicy Watermelon are made with Bhut Jolokia. These are pretty warm, but nowhere near as hot as the Vertigo. They are also delicious, with a subtle watermelon flavour, along with the flavour of the Bhut.

I have never bought anything from these guys before, but I`ll be buying more of these!!!

Here`s a review from Ted Barrus,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bogiM0sCGs&list=PLpb8YfpJmFxkXkPanVVaLv-a7bsGyZzA8&index=146

LOL no I think he has that rating because it has Morugas in it. I would say that its a little over 1 million maybe 1.3 but that would be very hard to call. Its ground up chiles so some pieces might be hotter than others. I can tell you what I did was extremely stupid and much hotter than a single piece.

Ted - a single piece is great, 2 are also damn good, but I just can`t ever see myself eating the entire package, I`m just not that, errrr, brave? The individual pieces do vary some in heat, but that just adds to the fun!

After seeing your videos, I can`t wait to get some Jay`s peach ghost scorpions.

Back