• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

The Ramen King

My go to noodles are, and probably always will be, MAMA Tom Yum.

31044760553_70043aa97d.jpg

I've been eating these since my early days of college.  Snuck a hotplate into the dorm, and good to go... :)

if it comes out of a package its not food... Its not even ramen... Ramen restaurants with handmade noodles and broth steeped for hours sometimes days some even years never changing the pot just keep adding to it... thats ramen... That shit on the site is cancer in a bag... dont care what you add to it, its jailhouse ghetto... I grew up on that shit... still have some in the cabinets when feeling nostalgic,but when im done, I just feel dirty... id hate to be that guy in old age after eating all that shit

Ramen is a real food yes but so is instant ramen... some people like Wendy's and shit too but also like real burgers. To each.

The site is kinda clunky, and the prices are off the charts, Can get the same brands at the local Korean store. I don't have one of those 5 star Michelin palates, so I do like ramen.

Yeah nothing wrong with instant ramen... I don't get why people have to remind you it's not real ramen. Instant grits are good too. But it's not like you don't know real grits exist. 

Dont get me wrong, im guilty of eating it too... but to even have the same name as real ramen is a joke... it be like calling sushi and fish jerky the same thing... it cost 18 cents a pack for a reason... it is definately not real food...

Real Ramen Noodles:

3/4 Cups Flour
1 egg
~3/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
~1 tbsp water (depending on flour and humidity)

Instant Ramen Noodles:

ENRICHED Ё FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), VEGETABLE OIL (PALM OIL, RICE BRAN
Ё SALT, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF CALCIUM SILICATE, CARAMEL COLOR, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM SUCCINATE,
DRIED LEEK FLAKE, GARLIC POWDER, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, MALTODEXTRIN, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION POWDER, POTASSIUM CARBONATE, SODIUM
ALGINATE, SODIUM CARBONATE, SODIUM TRIPOLYPHOSPHATE, SOYBEAN, SPICE, TBHQ (PRESERVATIVE), WHEAT

Its cancer in a bag... Great munchies food, but dude calling himself the ramen king is gonna be the GastroCancer king soon enough

Instant grits are pretty much just dried grits... not the same... 
Ingredients: Specially Processed Degerminated White Corn Grits, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Reduced Iron, Niacin, Bht & Citric Acid (As Preservatives), Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.

That's also including the ingredients in the packet and I know a lot of people that ditch the packet. PS. Don't think Japanese restaurants are "all natural" they use a LOT of artificial ingredients including what you mentioned. When you order sushi and add soy sauce and wasabi and ginger, all that stuff is processed with preservatives and food color and worse. It's all from cheap packets or bottles. But sushi is so healthy right?

http://naturallysavvy.com/eat/asian-food-sushi-ingredients

The ramen without the packet is looking pretty good now.

The Hot Pepper said:
That's also including the ingredients in the packet and I know a lot of people that ditch the packet. PS. Don't think Japanese restaurants are "all natural" they use a LOT of artificial ingredients including what you mentioned. When you order sushi and add soy sauce and wasabi and ginger, all that stuff is processed with preservatives and food color and worse. It's all from cheap packets or bottles. But sushi is so healthy right?

http://naturallysavvy.com/eat/asian-food-sushi-ingredients

The ramen without the packet is looking pretty good now.

That ingredient list is seperate from the flavoring packet.. thats just the noodles...

As for the sushi, i was not saying sushi is great, it was a metaphor how two things seem the same but are completely different... I wasnt making a statement on the healthiness of sushi... Personally I am a sashimi person... I would guess it all boils down to howmuch people want to know about whats in their food... I make sashimi and make my own sushi rice at home when the local fish guy has good stuff.. alot of people see seaweed salad and assume its good but that shit is awful... though you can again make your own healthy...

I guess if you dont make it yourself you should assume its not great for you and just be in it for the flavor...

As i said, im guilty of eating them too... my main point was dude thats ramen king is out of his mind eating that much and that many... Im no jack lelane (sp?) I have many horrible guilty pleasures im not proud of, but i keep it to a minimum...

Whats weird is I have never been able to reproduce the spice packet in the nongshim hot and spicy. They have a specialty line called the black but haven't tried it yet. Not only are the ingredients off but the grind. its a super fine powder.

Back