• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Popcorn anyone?

This is something that was picked up with some of the sauces. I did a search on the forum to see if there was any discussions on this, but didn't find any.

1125071337ro6.jpg

1125071339au0.jpg

Has anyone seen or tried this before?

p.s. I had to get my new grill in there :hell:

i've wanted to try some of the spicy popcorns for a while now. haven't gotten around to ordering some yet. sounds great to me!

wouldn't be surprised if none of them are cheap, still..something i don't have often so it wouldn't be so bad.

I've cut a slit in a bag and added some suace or powders before and reseal the bag comes out pretty good havent tried that popcornn but have tried the sauce--- nice grill BTW

LUCKYDOG said:
I've cut a slit in a bag and added some suace or powders before and reseal the bag comes out pretty good havent tried that popcornn but have tried the sauce--- nice grill BTW

Try loading a hypodermic with your favorite hot sauce and injecting it in a bag of microwave popcorn then tape the hole and nuke it. Works great.

xgrafcorex said:
what do you do to reseal the bag?

Just tape.... like eremite said a little piece to seal it over -- I dont use a hypodermic though I use a marinade injector because of the thickness of the sauce powder works well too!!

i'll have to find some sort of injecting device and give it a go. probably go with marinade injector..not sure where to find hypodermic needles on sale.

"i swear, it's to inject hot sauce into popcorn bags." "yea right you junkie!" :lol:

I tried black mamba injected into a bag last night .
about a teaspoon ...
when I opened the microwave it felt like pepper spray in my eyes and when i opened the bag it cleared out the room.
and you guys tell me to be carefull with pure cap....

shayneyasinski said:
about a teaspoon ...
when I opened the microwave it felt like pepper spray in my eyes and when i opened the bag it cleared out the room.

a TEASPOON? DDDDDDAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN............. I rarely use that much Mamba at any one time, unless of course, i'm making a couple of pounds of chili or so.

shayneyasinski said:
about a teaspoon ...

oh yea watch out for that .... and shake well too ;)

other than gassing out everyone how did it come out?

xgrafcorex said:
i'll have to find some sort of injecting device and give it a go. probably go with marinade injector..not sure where to find hypodermic needles on sale.

"i swear, it's to inject hot sauce into popcorn bags." "yea right you junkie!" :lol:

Just claim to be diabetic.

doesn't sound as fun as trying to convince people you're using it to make spicy popcorn. :P

so i take it the popping does a good job of mixing the sauce around. how much do you guys use in general? or does it really depend on the sauce? shayne you said a teaspoon. i understand that stuff is hot, but volume-wise..was it enough to spread onto all the popcorn?

xgrafcorex said:
doesn't sound as fun as trying to convince people you're using it to make spicy popcorn. :P

so i take it the popping does a good job of mixing the sauce around. how much do you guys use in general? or does it really depend on the sauce? shayne you said a teaspoon. i understand that stuff is hot, but volume-wise..was it enough to spread onto all the popcorn?

It mixes very well. As for an amount...experiment. If your sauce is thick you can get bigger needles. I also keep some of the sauce I want in a jar as opposed to a bottle, it's easier to fill the needle. One thing you might want to watch, you know how popcorn in the nuker will burn if done too long, well the hot sauce will make it a lot worse so you should watch the timing.

I am not a fan of this way of injecting hot.
an ounce of oil in a pot with a teapoon of your favorite hot is the way to go.
pour in a half cup or so of popcorn and cover and shake untill they are all popped.
I poured (bad idea) a big pile of da bomb into my noodles tonight and I am eating ice cream as i type this .
I always use too much .....
my wife yells at me about this ...
I have a problem...
anyway
this popcorn topic has me thinking I need to go cook some up.
later

shayne

Back