• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Mushrooms

picked some oysters today for Dinner tonight
20161021_115710.jpg

20161021_120819.jpg

20161021_120833.jpg

20161021_120913.jpg

:cheers:

FreeportBum said:

white underneath then yes

It appears it was white underneath at one time but completely dried out and turning brown now. Have you ever consumed Reishi, in a tea or anything? Suppose to be magical and JHP is playing soccer with em lol

Grass Snake said:
It appears it was white underneath at one time but completely dried out and turning brown now. Have you ever consumed Reishi, in a tea or anything? Suppose to be magical and JHP is playing soccer with em lol
I have some on my counter that I harvested and then dried. It taste like shit but has a lot of health benefits they say.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
You guys are making me want to grow some mushrooms. Where do you hang those spawn bags, Freetbortbum, once they are fruiting like that?
I just hang them in the basement this time of year. When it's warmer I hang them in the garage where they get more light and makes for larger more robust mushrooms.

Very easy and fun to do, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys cooking and eating fresh gourmet mushrooms.

Cheers

FreeportBum said:
I have some on my counter that I harvested and then dried. It taste like shit but has a lot of health benefits they say.

I just hang them in the basement this time of year. When it's warmer I hang them in the garage where they get more light and makes for larger more robust mushrooms.

Very easy and fun to do, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys cooking and eating fresh gourmet mushrooms.

Cheers
Cool. I'm familiar with fungal cycle from a long forgotten time ago... I was wondering if oysters needed extra humidity, or a 70-80 degree temp to properly pin and fruit. When you bulk spawn do you place the spawn bags in higher temps for the mycelium to take over, before hanging to fruit?

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Cool. I'm familiar with fungal cycle from a long forgotten time ago... I was wondering if oysters needed extra humidity, or a 70-80 degree temp to properly pin and fruit. When you bulk spawn do you place the spawn bags in higher temps for the mycelium to take over, before hanging to fruit?
So there are things you can do to supply them with optimal conditions but I don't do anything special. The oyster varieties I grow are so aggressive they will spawn and fruit in a bunch of conditions. Just give them something to eat and they will grow like crazy. Yellow and pink tend to need a little more special care to fruit and get a decent harvest.

FreeportBum said:
So there are things you can do to supply them with optimal conditions but I don't do anything special. The oyster varieties I grow are so aggressive they will spawn and fruit in a bunch of conditions. Just give them something to eat and they will grow like crazy. Yellow and pink tend to need a little more special care to fruit and get a decent harvest.
I need a bunch of details in my inbox, stat!

Back