• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Key's Giveaway #1

Now Closed. Thanks for playing! And thanks to Feisty Parrot and THP for the giveaway goodies!

So fortunately I was able to get some free bottles of sauce recently from The Hot Pepper, as others also have.

However, I have a standing no alcohol policy, which sort of made it difficult for me to consume at least one of the bottles.

This has happened on a previous occasion as far as giveaways go, so I decided to contact the sauce maker Feisty Parrot and see what we could work out-rather than simply toss the bottle. They were willing to help me out again, and asked that I give away the bottle to another individual.

So here is the thread where I will do just that.

The prize you are playing for is an unopened bottle of Feisty Parrot's "Savage Beast" Ghost and Scorpion Pepper Hot Sauce. US only please, for now.

--
Here's how I'll decide the winner:

I play free poker sometimes, and I have amassed a certain value of chips. I am rounding to the nearest 500 or 1000. Your job is to guess, using increments of 500, within 500 chips or exactly, the amount of chips I currently have.  In the event two people guess the same interval on opposite sides, the one who guessed first wins. If two on opposite side of 500 guess, and a third person guess exactly, the third person wins. I will sort through entries in sequence as I have time. It may be possible that a correct guess will not be noted until after other guesses have been posted. I will defer to the correct first guess, regardless of when it was posted. I will cross off on post 1 incorrect guesses in groups when I am able. 

If no one has guessed correctly after some time, I will give a hint. *** I will provide an upper limit. The upper boundary is 40,000. 40,000 is incorrect. A guess higher than 40000 is incorrect.*** All guesses must be above zero (I do not have negative chips.)  ***The value will not be a decimal. It will be a positive whole number.***

I will ask that the winner P.M. me a shipping address. 

Example:   Key has 1,000,000 chips. Key actually has 1,000,500 chips. You win.  

Begin.

Incorrect Number Guess List:

less than zero.
0 < n < 40000  

Sorry you are all incorrect.

I will note with this post that I amended the contest parameters a bit to make it more streamlined.

As a result, guesses above 40,000 or below 0 are invalid.

Please take this into account when guessing. I will list the valid guess on the incorrect list, since you were also incorrect.

Please also guess in increments of 500.  to make this easier, a guess of 600 is not valid.

For those of you who guessed below 40000, but did not guess in increments of 500, I will round your incorrect guesses to the nearest 500 and add them to the incorrect list. 210500 is not a valid guess because it is outside the 40000 upper limit.  (I apologize if you were all guessing prior to seeing that I modified the contest parameters. You may guess again.)

Example: 1,000,600 is not a valid guess. 1,000,500 would be a valid guess if it were below 40,000.  

You may guess again. Thanks.  See page 1 for the incorrect number list.

> Continue.

you are all incorrect. please guess again.

Note. Luckydog, you are outside of the upper limit. the upper boundary is 40000.

Note. Romy6,  I did not specify originally in the rules, so I will specify now: the number will not be a decimal, but a positive whole number. As such, I rounded your guess to 2,500, which is incorrect.

> you may continue.

31,000. Thx Key, when Fulltilt was around, I was up to 4mil+ at one point (play chips). Kinda miss online poker.

Back