• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

video Chilli Sauce Tests "Smokey Jolokia Original" www.wildfirechilli.com.au

Chilli Sauce Tests "Smokey Jolokia Original" www.wildfirechilli.com.au

Smokey Jolokia Original , Candice sent this over for me to try a while ago and was bout to do but then they got new labels so waited till got those and da daa lets see how it goes. A recent award winner at the Hot Pepper Awards should be great, Best Steak Sauce YEAAAA.

smokeyjolokia.jpg

Ingredients:
Vinegar
Apple
water
Onion
Sultana's
Chipotle 6%
Bhut Jolokia 5%
Fresh Lime Juice
Sugar
Salt
Worstershire Sauce(contains wherat , Caramel IV, Flavours)
Soy Sauce (Contains Soya Beans, wheat flour & Potassium sorbate)
Spices.

Its Great and has a reallly nice smokey Flavour thats not overpowering then the other flavours come out and the Heat builds and Builds then stays at a Great level for a while, seem to give my lips a good burn hahahahahaha and that went for Ages.

I reallly like this 1 and would be Awesome on a steak , Sausages , Ribs Chicken.. all round great sauce

hope Ya enjoy.
neil.

Neil, great vid. Technically it was crystal clear, new camera?

About the sauce, yup, 1st Place winner in Steak Sauce THPA 09, so pick this up!

Great review Neil! - I really look forward to your youtube releases and love how you always stock that dessert spoon to the moon with sauce!

As always good stuff thanks for posting! :clap:

So that's why you added "Original" to the first one ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
So that's why you added "Original" to the first one ;)

Yep :lol: Also because I had on my old label "made with the hottest chilli in the world" people were thinking that it was the hottest sauce in the world! So had to change the label because of that too.

I made the Original with red morita chipotles for a more subtle smokey flavour which I really liked but found some people said it needed more smoke. It is good for people who don't like that really strong smokey flavour.

So I made "2" with traditional tan coloured chipotles for extra smoke but still without overpowering it like some of those sauces made with the liquid smoke. Also bit more Bhut for an extra kick.

So I would say Original is more of a steak sauce and "2" is more of a bbq sauce. I have had very good responses to both of them so will keep them both for sale.

I bought a large jar of this for my birthday, before it had the label, really awesome sauce. Best dipping sauce that I have found so far, everyone who has tasted it here likes it :)

Back