• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

video chilli sauce Tests "Pappy's moonshine madness"

Jason, a dude from Sydney popped up to get some seeds/sauces and asked If id Like to Try Pappy's moonshine Madness and brought me a Bottle.. Looked really Cool so thought would give it a Go Today its from www.bourbonq.com Aussies can get it at Target when the pre christmas sales are on (was told they have Packs)

moonshinemadness1.jpg

Huge 375ml Bottle 12.7 Oz so Heaps

Ingredients:
Tomato Sauce (water , tomato paste , salt)
Sugar
Hot Sauce (peppers , vinegar , salt) ???
vinegar
spices
fresh Garlic
Fresh Onion
modified corn starch
Natural Hickory flavoring
Kentucky Bourbon (0.45%)
Worcestershire sauce (contains Anchovies)
Thickener (xanthan gum)
corn syrup
lemon juice
lemon oil
habanero peppers
Acid (citric acid)
The Kitchen Sink

well Not the kitchen sink, but geez Lots In it.. If ya Like that Smokey Taste Ya will love this as Its Got Heaps, and be great to put on Ribs and BBQ'd or anything that ya'd Like that Smokey Taste.. Heat was Ok and Hit the Back of the Throat and moved forward till the Lips were going.. wasn't an Over the Top Burn but decent and went for a While..

Unfortunately before the Test had a slight mishap and it made the Test a Bit Hectic, ya will see as Put in Vid.. Yesterday got Pierced and a Labrett, was gonna Go lip but went Labrett and High so can Put a Ring in later, Wellll as Eating before Test, Caught the Labrett with the Teeth and Pulled Back through my lip into my Mouth so Pushed it Back Through (eyes watering just thinking of it) and then Vid'd as dunno, was setting Up cam when did and thought would prob talk funny as it F*****G hurt, so show the reason why..

the Sting of the Sauce in the Labrett hole was worse than the Burn and went for Ages, the Burn went for ages too so bonus.

overall was Pretty Nice, but ya'd have to Like that Smokey flavor as Its pretty powerful in this..

note to self: Don't get Pierced in the Mouth before doing chilli sauce tests..

hope Ya's enjoy..
be Excellent
neil.

Nice review bro.. :D

A shame its bourbon rather than moonshine (Or White Lightning as we call it). Sounds pretty good though.

One other thing i noticed.. All of their products include Anchovies. Death in a bottle to me, Sucks being allergic :(

On ya brother! Kudos for continuing with the test even though you were leaking through you labret hole, lol that would have hurt like a bit*h!

I wanna try sounds nice so don't go giving the bottle away!

I know the guy personally, Hes a really great guy.

His products are very catchy by names and the products are each their own in flavor.

It's interesting to hear that his products are sold all the way over there.

Kind of interesting that they use "Hot Sauce" as an ingredient in a... Hot Sauce.

N_FF - do it! Now you know what to expect and don't have to sit around waiting for the delayed kick of Nagas that never happened;)

lol yea i'd say neils review is spot on ive had the stuff for a couple months now.

and be quite about that. im ashamed to have made such a big deal about that. i now will go into a review with no expectations on heat . we'll see how hot it is when it goes into my mouth. but first must steel the camera back.

It's got some good flavor, but I think the main thing with this sauce is the sugar. It's the second ingredient and man is it every sugary. I guess it is a BBQ sauce and not a hot sauce so it's expected.

if you're not a big fan of sweet sauces then I'd suggest to avoid it, but
like Neil mentioned, there's a hotter one that would be interesting to check out.

N_FF said:
and be quite about that. im ashamed to have made such a big deal about that. i now will go into a review with no expectations on heat . we'll see how hot it is when it goes into my mouth. but first must steel the camera back.

Quite alright, I'll be quiet about that...

"Common Naga - Imma let you start but the Savina has the real burn!"

mine has some different ingredients
tomato sauce
sugar
vinegar
fresh garlic
fresh onion
chilie pepper
paprika
MFS
natural hickory flavoring
oil of capsicum
Kentucky bourbon 3%
Worcestershiresauce
black pepper
xanthan gum
spices
lemon powder
habanero pepper
and citric acid

so the main interest ingredients is "Oil of capsicum" so basicaly extract.

Bradh728 said:
I know the guy personally, Hes a really great guy.

His products are very catchy by names and the products are each their own in flavor.

It's interesting to hear that his products are sold all the way over there.

its good to hear that they each have their own different flavor, cuz I bought all these :lol:

DSCF3596.jpg

I was at northern heading to the checkout line, then I saw these. I'm like I'll take this & that....then looking at them I just bought each one :lol:

yep the moonshine madness has oil of capsicum & the mango has oleoresin of paprika (? another name for extract ?)

MrArboc said:
Kind of interesting that they use "Hot Sauce" as an ingredient in a... Hot Sauce.

they're BBQ/dipping sauces.

He also has bear claw seasonings and bourbon Q sauce line.

I am not trying to promote him, but he also has another 1, I just remember the image, it's something like bikers, where it burns going out the tailpipe it said lol

Bradh728 said:
He also has bear claw seasonings and bourbon Q sauce line.

I am not trying to promote him, but he also has another 1, I just remember the image, it's something like bikers, where it burns going out the tailpipe it said lol

I think it is "Pappy's Hottest Ride in Town Barbecue Sauce"

my prefered use of moonshine madness wbr as a marinade then basted on during cooking. The burn wasn't that hot but it was a sharp burn rather than nice rounded burn. If you know what i mean

yea the hottest ride in Town, suppose to be the same recipe as the moonshine madness but Hotter chilli's used, was going to be getting a Bottle to test, but postage was a squillion so said don't worry bout as think they sell it here and will have a look when go to where they suppose to be.. then try it

Back