• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Chai Chipotle

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Intensity Academy - Chai Chipotle
Company:
Intensity Academy
www.intensityacademy.com
TheHotPepper Member:
Intensity Academy
Listed Ingredients:
Carrots, onions, habanero peppers, vinegar, garlic, chipotle peppers, lime juice, natural chai tea extract and natural spices.
Label/Packaging:
Spelled chipotle wrong, but nice design.
Heat Index:

Am I the only one that caught the spelling error in the product name? (And in the listed ingredients, but that's not as big of a deal.) Chipotle was spelled chipolte. Well let's not judge the sauce by the label.

This sauce is all natural and carrot-based. You may be thinking thick and grainy... nope. Smooth and silky. Also the carrot flavor does not dominate. My first impression was... wow! Hot and pungent. Lip-puckering pungent. Habaneros provide the heat, and the chipotles round out the flavor nicely. I really enjoyed it on tacos. Al pastor tacos, to be exact. The pineapple and pork (al pastor) were the perfect complement. This sauce is also tea-infused. I couldn't pick that out, but I'm sure it adds to the overall flavor, which is quite unique.

Great sauce indeed.

Attachments

• chaichipotletaco.jpg
    chaichipotletaco.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 229
  • chaichipotle.jpg
    chaichipotle.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 194
Thanks for the info

I love Chipotle flavoured sauces. I use them on nachos and steak. I'm working on my next order, and this just got added to the list.

Ken

I'm glad you liked the Chai hot sauce! We've sold more of this than anything! Everyone loves the smoothness and NO water added!

The label has a history of sorts. My graphic guy did miss-spell it, I caught it & he redid it. The printer got both and used the wrong one!!! Argh. 500 plus bottles packed.printed & delivered later...I didn't have the heart to change it all. I thought it would actually get attention, but alas, nada! I figured when I make it big these bottles will be collector items worth the big bucks!!!!

Back