=[ Another GM Experimental Thread ]=

tctenten said:
What was your opinion? Grant doesn't consider them beer.

I didn't say they aren't beer ... in fact, I said they're just like classic import beer ...

It's too small, is all ... too small of a beer ...

Grant likes boozy. Kolsch like any beer can be done right. The hoppy one with kaffir was the perfect summer beer. I don't drink 12 of the same beer I sample the menu like tapas, in that regard, they were both awesome, no duds. Also had IPAs and a stout. Boom.

Often though I do drink all of the same beer, at home, and various bars, restaurants. Just not the craft places where they change the menu with all the best local and international craft and limited edition beers.

I do like boozy ... dark or light, still boozy ...

I like Old Ale ... I like Barleywine ... I like big IPA ... and of course I like Russian Imperial stouts and Imperialized Porter's etc ...

I don't typically order kolsch but if you were at a bar and Cigar City had a limited edition hoppy kolsch in partner with Oskar Blues I guarantee you'd order it lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
I don't typically order kolsch but if you were at a bar and Cigar City had a limited edition hoppy kolsch in partner with Oskar Blues I guarantee you'd order it lol.

Nope. There's A BUNCH of CCB beers I've never even had from their light-colored offerings ...

I def order by style, and pick from my fridge by style too ...

Most days go like this ...

An pale ale or smallish porter or brown ale, then a DIPA or Imperial IPA, and finally an Imperial Stout ...

I would say 8 out of 10 days I follow that pattern ...

Sometimes I'll go pale ale -> IPA -> DIPA -> IIPA/Triple IPA ...

Sometimes I'll go porter -> milk stout -> Imperial stout ...

But mostly I do the normal not too hoppy beer, followed by a hoppy one, followed by a roasty toasty bitter one ...

It's palate-centric ...

The Hot Pepper said:

I do drink everything from OB, but not CCB ...

There was an Other Half beer event so I tried as many possible since they make good stuff. If it is not an event different story.

tctenten said:
They both sounded like nice beers. I am the same, if I am out I will sample. When I am home I rarely buy less than a 4/6 pack.

Grant what was the cutoff for beer 7ABV?

6-7% is session (to me) ...

I try to brew and consume in the 9.5% and up range most of the time, in earnest ...

I really only drink 2x 12's or a bomber in a given day, most days, and only very occasionally have a 3rd one on a Saturday ... so I like them to count, a little bit.

The soda I drink is called seltzer. None other unless ginger beer in a cocktail.

I don't drink crap soda, that ginger ale has no ginger and crap stuff in it jus sayin. I remember the taste of those cheap ones and to me there is an off taste, and no hint of ginger at all. Don't come near my Dark n Stormy LOL!

tctenten said:
Same here. Hooked the wife on Moscow Mules a couple of weeks ago. Another nice summertime drink.

A VERY fine beverage!

tctenten said:
Same here. Hooked the wife on Moscow Mules a couple of weeks ago. Another nice summertime drink.

Hammered copper mugs and all?
The Hot Pepper said:
I don't drink crap soda, that ginger ale has no ginger and crap stuff in it jus sayin. I remember the taste of those cheap ones and to me there is an off taste, and no hint of ginger at all. Don't come near my Dark n Stormy LOL!

A VERY fine beverage!

Sometimes, especially if I eat too much ... I find the bubbles soothing ...

I don't necessarily enjoy Ginger Ale in particular, and it could just as easily be 7up or Sprite, but it's Ginger Ale just because it's the lowest carb of the three ...

Back