favorite my favorite ale

i don't know how easy all you guy's outside the U of K can get hold of our beers. But this has to be top of my fav list

07112008266se6.jpg

It's quite a thick brew which is more sweet than bitter (but not sickly sweet) gives you a warm glow drunk rather than a lighthead drunk if you know what i mean.
Oh yea it weighs in at a tasty 7.3% vol
Please hunt it down and air your views

I just had some of their Scottish Ale the other night. It was very good stuff. I'll have to look for this one now.

The only places where I can get something like that - if at all - are so called "Irish pubs" (basically a bar that looks like a pub, not necessarily run by Irish people, if Britains at all), they have British (and Scottish :lol:) beer on tap OR some specialty stores, that are all
-far too expensive
and
-far too far away
to bother.

I hope I can find it at one of the pubs, thanks Dave, always on the lookout for great beers I haven't tried yet!

i've never seen it in any pubs over here but most supermarkets stock it
Other McEwans ales that are worth a try are 70/- and 70/- velvet and 80/-
The /- is shilling so 70 or 80 shilling
There is also a 90/- but i haven't tried it (yet)

anybody here tried st.peters? they are from the UK; don't know how they rate on your list but i find pretty much every brew they offer to be very smooth and easy to drink with decent flavor

I'd love to try it! I have a nice thick brew to bottle this weekend.

And I have to agree with CH on this, especially when you make a comment like "over here" and you have no location filled in, it does make communication and commiseration a little more difficult. Thanks!

* I do see the kilt, but many in the states have scottish pride as well!My old avatar was very scottish, but I am in....Oh damn it! I need to adjust mine too!:cheers:*

if you noticed i mentioned the UK at the beginning of the thread!
I don't try that many different ales as not many tick all the boxes like McEwans does, but amongst other favorites are marstons strong pale ale , edan ale, a few of the more well known brews from belgium and the original bud (budvar)

Sid03SVT said:
anybody here tried st.peters? they are from the UK; don't know how they rate on your list but i find pretty much every brew they offer to be very smooth and easy to drink with decent flavor

Yes i have Exellent beers my friend,Going to CAMRA event next month in matlock and the Brewery will be there ;)

Best British beer difficult one,Heres some faves..:lol:

Smiths Celebrated Oatmeal Stout.
Hook Norton Old Hooky.
Hop Back Summer Lightning.
Durham Brewery Bedes Chalice 9.0%.
Durham Evensong.
Isle of Skye Hebridean Gold.
Nethergate Old Growler.
O'Hanlons Port Stout.
St Peters Honey Porter.
Greene King IPA(still a Great Cask Beer)
Theakstons Old Peculiar.
Alton's Pride.
Black Dog Freddy.
Dorothy Goodbody's Wholesome Stout.
Kelham Island Pale Rider.

Back