• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm old emough to remember when...

Tareyton smokers would rather fight than switch, the Marlboro man, Joe camel, ABC's wide world of sports, the outer limits, twilight zone, time tunnel, voyage to the bottom of the sea, sea hunt, transistor radios, metal dashboards and when you could cruise all night long on $7.00.

"Ever eat a pinecone? Many parts are edible."

"Danger, Will Robinson."

HR Puffinstuff

"Wonder twin powers activate"

nate6279 said:
I'm old enough to remember when your cell number meant your jail cell number and not your phone number.
Hmm. I only know of one kind of cell number, personally. And its for my phone.

HP22BH said:
Hmm. I only know of one kind of cell number, personally. And its for my phone.
I was not saying i've been to jail. You must be pretty young then. I wonder if Johnny Cash asked any of those inmates at Folsom Prison for their cell phone numbers when he played for them. :lol:

When two cans and a string would do the trick

When a night full of fireflies is all it took to put a smile on a kids face.

Pong

Attari

Hide n seek

Kick ball

Damn it sucks gettin old! My body is fat and rusted, but my mind still thinks its twelve.

Farting in the bath tube used to be fun. Now when I get in all the water gets out. Not even enough left to blow bubbles.

I'm just old enough to remember a bit of this, the first public event I can recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_OD2V6fMLQ

Silly Rabbit

Wait for it  .  .  .

I just know there is going to be something about precious bunnies.

paulky_2000 said:
....when pro football wasn't played by a bunch of overpriced pansies.
This.

The other day some friends and I were talking old school football & "the ghost to the post" came up (great pass vs great catch) - so we googled the play & ended up finding the whole game.

We watched a few mins of it and we all just looked at each other & suddenly the whole room was talking about how much we missed "real" football:

Every play - every hit. The crunching sound on impact. That's how the game was played and that's why they got paid a fortune to play it.

God I miss real football. :(
I remember when Reagan got shot & we got 1/3 day off of school.

I remember when comics were $0.25 & with $5 (what I got for stacking wood) I'd get a pile of them to read.

I remember growing up with a world where the best handheld technology involved little led blips - and we thought it was fun.

Fun time to be alive - incredibly rapid technological advancements in my lifetime so far.

No microwave.
No cable TV.
When cable TV did come to my house I was impressed Laverne & Shirley came on twice a day.
A cutting edge phone was one that was mounted on the wall & was mustard yellow.
Ric Flair was young.
When Florida Evans said, "Damn, Damn, Damn!"
When there were "Very Special" episodes of Diff'rent Strokes. 
Though I was only 7 or so, I was pretty sure I'd marry Marie Osmond, Kristy McNichol, Linda Ronstadt or Valerie Bertinelli. 

Using juice cans for hair rollers. They were metal back then. And not very comfy for sleeping in!!!!   

And they nothing without the Dippity Doo. 

My mom used to shalak my hair to my head with Dippity Doo.

Then in second grade there was a work book wih pictures. The teacher would ask what each picture was. She pointed at a jar of jelly. I thought it was Dippity Doo.

Back