beer I absolutely detest Sierra Nevada Brewing Company...but....

Sierra Nevada brews horrible beer in my opinion and I can't stomach then one bit. If I'm offered a free pint of it, I turn it down. That's how much I hate them. Oh, I've tried to like them, believe me. I've sampled a lot of their beers but they all taste the same and I can't stand their hop profile.

But this one is amazing; Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen. I’m flabbergasted at how good it is. It’s almost like some other brewery made it. Beautiful hefe cloudiness and color, fantastic malty banana sweetness with a hint of cloves. Amazing head retention with some lacing, stellar champagne like carbonation and a very small hop presence. Fantastic example of the style, hats off to you Sierra Nevada.

No problem with liking one beer from a brewer. I happen to like Pale Ale and Summerfest. I'll probably dislike the one you like... you are strange! :eek:

:)

I know what you mean, the torpedo tastes just like their centennial, which tastes just like their, pale ale (which is more of an IPA), but I find the Kellerweis pretty bland and unimaginative, lol.

Glad you enjoyed it.;)

Celebration Ale is pretty horrid. A christmasy taste with clove or other spices. I bought it once thinking it was a regular ale.

I kinda liked their Kellerweis. I also didn't hate their porter. Other than that, not so much.

thehotpepper.com said:
Celebration Ale is pretty horrid. A christmasy taste with clove or other spices. I bought it once thinking it was a regular ale.

Christmasy taste? You MUST be smashed!!

Novacastrian said:
Christmasy taste? You MUST be smashed!!

"The long, cold nights of winter are a little brighter with Celebration® Ale. Wonderfully robust and rich, Celebration® Ale is dry-hopped for a lively, intense aroma. Brewed especially for the holidays, it is perfect for a festive gathering or for a quiet evening at home."

I call it Christmasy. :D

"Perfect for a festive gathering OR a quiet evening at home".?

Bloody morons wouldn't know sh!t from clay! I mean make your bloody mind up is for a festive gathering or a quiet evening at home? Don't say both you retards because they are VERY different!!

Bloody advertising...

Mmmmmmmmm christmasy tasting........

conjures up visions of evergreen tastes (yuck) ground up fat men in red suits (double yuck) eating yule logs, WTF???????lol

Christmas either has no taste or a billion tastes.

That's like saying "it was thanksgiving flavored".

Lol.

Mmmmmm , I want a Martin Luther King Jr day tasting Ale!

;)

cheezydemon said:
Mmmmmmmmm christmasy tasting........

conjures up visions of evergreen tastes (yuck) ground up fat men in red suits (double yuck) eating yule logs, WTF???????lol

Christmas either has no taste or a billion tastes.

That's like saying "it was thanksgiving flavored".

Lol.

Mmmmmm , I want a Martin Luther King Jr day tasting Ale!

;)

LOL. Okay, it's piney and clovey if I remember. Better? It also has a hint of reindeer ass.

I don't agree with the hate here. I think Sierra Nevada makes some right solid beers. Not the best out there but always drinkable and enjoyable.

IMO, Sierra Nevada has not achieved their peak. The Kellerweis, as past postings will verify, is a beer i enjoy. It's absolutely correct for the style and is outstanding. I will put it in writing, they are a brewery to watch (as if i was some expert). You know they have a beer coming out brewed with Dogfish Head, right? A combined effort of both breweries called (depending on who you buy it from) Life & Limb or Limb & Life.

Stick with them IGG. You may change your opinion. Now if only Saranac can improve...

Back