• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

'Guess the hot musky lure and win a box of pods' CONTEST!

I was just picking out some lures to take on an upcoming musky fishing trip, and I had an idea for a contest.

I'm bringing exactly 30 musky lures, because space is going to be limited on this trip. We will be camping far back on a remote lake in NW Ontario, and bringing everything in by boat.

Anyways, below is a picture of the lures I have picked to bring. Most of them are proven to produce fish, and a few are new. I might use all of them, and I might only use a dozen of them. It depends...

The lures are numbered top to bottom, left to right. Example: The black bucktail in the top left corner of the pic is #1, the longest crainkbait in the middle of the pic with the big gold eye is #14, and the silver and black jerkbait in the bottom right corner is #30.

Contest rules: Simply post a number below between 1 and 30 that represents the lure that you think will catch the biggest musky. One guess per member. Once a number is posted, it is spoken for. You will have to pick a different number. The contest is closed when all 30 numbers are posted below. If I happen to get skunked, I have picked a number between 1 and 30 that I have PMed to THP that will determine the winner. Sorry, US only.

The winner will get a sfrb of mixed superhots, including some very cool crosses created by our very own Spicegeist!

I will try my best to get a pic of the fish in the net with the lure in its mouth, but it can get a bit chaotic and releasing the fish unharmed is priority #1. If I can't get a pic, it is what it is. You will have to take my word for it. I will be back Monday the 10th (if I don't get eaten by a bear or bigfoot), and the winner will be announced shortly after that.

And... GO!

Great contest musky,, :cheers:
I dont know how gold eye crank is 14??

I choose the blue crank,,2 above him in the middle row,,not sure the # 

:cool:
Kevin

Edit: I see now said the blind man,,,,,,number 12  :P

wayright said:
Great contest musky,, :cheers:
I dont know how gold eye crank is 14??

I choose the blue crank,,2 above him in the middle row,,not sure the # 

:cool:
Kevin
Wayright has chosen #12. Good choice! I have caught more muskies on that lure than any other while trolling. That said, I have used that lure an awful lot.

As for the numbering, there are 8 lures in the left row. Hope that helps.

#10 chartruse with tail for the win.

Chartruse always drives the Stripers nuts, should be universal. (Fingers crossed fingers crossed)

Shit go with #11

You guys type faster than me

If eight in the left row what I wanted from the get go was 11.

My choice is 11. THAT IS ALL

I edited the op to allow edits since it has already happened a couple times. We will go by time stamps, including edits. Guess on!
Heckle said:
I want #31, the skunk. It saves you a step. :D
Don't jinx me you bastage! ;)

1916399_1156680764376_51968_n_zps7fcf3a96.jpg

This Sriper liked chartruse

Back