• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tobago Seasoning

WOW.

If they weren't fairly hot, I wouldn't beleive these are peppers.

They look like peppers, but the flavor is so far off from anything else.

I want to say it is like orange peels, cardamom, coriander...and god knows what else mixed with a decent amount of heat. Definitely one for exotic pepper enthusiasts.

Anyone else growing these?

*Thanks Trini!*

I am, but mine are from a different source. The pods aren't ripe yet, but it's producting a TON of pods! The coloring is just starting and it's gorgeous.

Chris

Good to know Cheezy...I have one that is ripe and was wondering how they taste...thanks to Trini...

My brother is growing some that he got from trini as well AJ, but we were under the impression that these chillis had no heat & had hab flavors.

What sort of heat level are we talking about???

Im my experience, Tobago Seasoning peppers are mild but have a fantastic smoky yet sweet citrus flavour. I grew a few plants last year but was disapoointed with the yield. Im planning to grow some more next year with a view to making some powder.

Mark

I have mine growing in a fish tank under lights out of the cold at the moment.

The TS is the strongest of all the plants in the tank. The others are having trouble keeping up with it and its starting to block the light from the 2 Bhut's a fetalli and a baby 7 pot.

will take some pics of it on the weekend

cheers

moyboy said:
What sort of heat level are we talking about???

I will pick my ripe one this afternoon, save the seeds, eat the pepper and report on a heat level...

theHippySeedCo said:
sweeet,, 1 of my seedsaver friends is after a few seeds of them (i wouldn't mind a couple too) if anybodys got any spare :)

I may be able to accomodate you Neil...

Anyone have pics? Mine seem to be quite hot like RB's but maybe mislabelled or hybridized and I can't remember my seed source.

But I remember destroying some yellow scorpion seeds (5)into little bits of dust with my over sized hands :shocked::(:lol:

POTAWIE said:
Anyone have pics? Mine seem to be quite hot like RB's but maybe mislabelled or hybridized and I can't remember my seed source.

These photos were taken about a month ago Potawie

04072008231.jpg
04072008232.jpg

The pods are bigger now.

mine don't look like that RB...pics today when I get off...

Back