• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Arizona Pepper's Organic Chipotle Habanero Sauce

Hi everyone!!

I went to Marshal's today to look at shoes, and I remembered someone saying they will have some gourmet sauces from time to time. I looked and they had Melinda's Jolokia sauce which I already have, and this product, Arizona Peppers Organic Harvest Foods Chipotle Habanero Pepper Sauce. It was marked only $2.99 so I had to buy it.

The ingredients in order are:

Organic ripened habanero peppers
organic red ripened jalapeno peppers,
organic apple cider vinegar
organic vinegar,
organic chipotle peppers,
salt.

While out shopping, the family stopped at Chik Fil A for dinner, so I had the sauce on chicken strips. The smoke flavor from the chipotles is most pronounced -- smell and taste. This is a very nice smokey sauce, better IMO than Tabasco Chipotle. The heat is fairly mild. You wouldn't think that habaneros are the first ingredient. The heat is even, throughout the tongue, mouth and throat. I ended up putting a lot of it on my dinner to get a good amount of heat. Lucky thing the sauce tastes so good!

When we got home later, I took a spoonful of the sauce to see how it is without the influence of the chicken. The heat is still very much on the mild side. Even a non-chile-head might find the heat around medium, but still easy to handle.

Honestly, I could not care less that it is organic. I wish it were hotter, but it tastes really good. And for $2.99, I'll buy it any time.

428329_3488609744312_1543507991_33147066_206780784_n.jpg

Back