• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! C.I.T.D

Who used CI the best?

• wheebz - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/28024-citd-begin/page__view__findpost__p__5625

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZanderSpice - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/28024-citd-begin/page__view__findpost__p_

• geeme - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/28024-citd-begin/page__view__findpost__p__56355

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who used CI the Best?

Everyone did very well but MG had me from the start with his cobbler...... I am starving again after looking at all the delish food again. Nice work ladies and gentleman :)

Man Buddy knocked it out of the park. Good lord I can just imagine gobbling down all of that and then another couple plates full please....then a ride to the ER to get my stomach pumped. Then back to the table for another plate.... :hell:

I had my eye on the Bison Burger too.....Wheebz those poppers looked awesome, not enough to win a TD though.

Wow. Tough voting. I want to give it to SL because chicken fried steak and gravy is one of my favorites. Plus she used Sethsquatch shake which makes any dish a winner... But dammit, those plating pics don't do the dish justice. And on here, I eat with my eyes...

Hell everyone did great. Gonna have to review all this over the next day or so. Voting at breakfast time usually means I vote Eggville Deville. Damn you all for making such fine dishes. DAMN YOU!

Had to go with LB.
Everyone else did awesome. We really should have a THP convention, and just cook for each other.
I want to eat everyones food, but with only one vote allowed.....
Love me some Enchies....

Had to go with SL on this one! Bacon, gravy, and over-easy eggs, the breakfast Holy Trinity!!

DQ's chicken looked really good as well- but gravy takes the day!

I gave it to Ann, as I fealt she used the CI most effectively. Seriously, CI waffle?, that sealed the deal. Every one of the entries rocked. Nice work!
I tried, but failed epicly, uploading pics. By the time we figured it out, 5 minutes too late, the thread was locked. Not Talking Smac and Cheese will have to compete some other time. Maybe I can compete next month, now that I know how to post up photos...

This has been an agonizing vote! So many creative flavors, and so many creative uses of CI! I especially enjoyed viewing and reading about dishes new to me, like the Matambre & Lomo Saltado! Some did such an awesome job of describing their dishes that I swear I could actually taste them!

But in the end, I went with the "nostalgic" vote. Growing up, the CI got brought out for special times...like holidays, camping, family get togethers, and parties. Sum's entry looked like a party-in-a-pic, reminding me of those special childhood times. And I thought it was an excellent, diverse use of CI! Those spicy-sweet bacon wrapped nuggets of pineapple bliss have been haunting me ever since! Major THANKS to ALL participants for sharing their treats with us! It's been a true THP feast!

Going to look now. Didn't get to yet.

I like the rustic charm of MGOLD86's and geeme's. They look delish.

For this challenge, PIC1 you had me last time, and you may have me this time. The perfect bacon cheese burger and fries, all done in the CI, even the roll, which looked perfect. Nice hot pickle coins.

Won't be hasty will still give it one more look.

I liked nearly every one. In the end the verde won out for me. Awesome LB. Geeme, you did my original plan, and did it well. Well, except I was going to do greens rather than beans. Everyone did very well as always.

All of the entries look freegin awesome. Pondered on several before making my decision.

LB... those enchilada's are kickin like a kung foo movie!

Sam, I was looking for your entry! You should of called me~

Thanks for the votes! I took pics with the new cell phone, but I think I'll go back to the ol' Kodak.

As always, I'd be happy to chow down on every single one of these dishes. My top finalists were the Matambe, the Porterhouse, DaQuatz's Bounty. Cool Story and a great inspiration for your dish. But the one I had to vote for was the one that made me cook the same thing on Sunday cuz it looked so good-

LunchBox's Engine-la-la's (that's what the 'Kid used to call them when he was just a wee lad :cool:)

WHOA...I got the ever-elusive SL vote. And it only cost me $14. ;)

But seriously...I'm so stoked just to have that many votes (beating my previous record of 4 ;) ), I'd walk away happy even if it's a blowout from here...from anyone's camp. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back