• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest C.I.T.D. - BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Cast Iron Throwdown!

The rules for every TD

The rules for this TD:

1. All cooking must be done on solid surface cast iron. In other words, no CI grates, or ovens, etc. unless the ingredient is also on solid surface cast iron. The only exception is deep frying, which must be in CI but there is no contact with the surface so you must also have a component that touches CI. Shallow frying, sauteing, and braising are considered cooking on solid surface as long as they are touching. That goes for all cooking methods.

2. Anything may be cooked.

3. PoL = .90

4. Deadline, Sunday 11:59 pm EST.

BEGIN!

cb660b1b.jpg

[sub]im pissed i dont have any c.i.,i found some couple days ago at a swap meet. it looked like a bucket of rust so i passed. whatever im going to start a anti c.i. thread and you guys will never be able to post.so :snooty: . [/sub]

[sub]im pissed i dont have any c.i.,i found some couple days ago at a swap meet. it looked like a bucket of rust so i passed. whatever im going to start a anti c.i. thread and you guys will never be able to post.so :snooty: . [/sub]
Should have got it anyway. Rusty CI is easy to clean. Vinegar it, and use some steel wool.

Edit: also 20 bucks will get you a 12 inch lodge at walmart.

Siccie - ask SL about reviving old rusted C.I.!!! She has a fool proof system!!!! This week was so busy I couldn't even go find an old rusted pan to play with! But I'm gonna keep lookin' anyway....

Thank GOD my unicorn loin is cooking evenly. Was totally worried about that!
0ce46990.jpg

Ive been doin more drinkin than cooking though...

First teaser-

b48c505e.jpg

48aeccec.jpg

00205abb.jpg

Not much mystery here, should be able to figure out what's on the menu. And I'm bailing on my claim to cook with only one pan, basically cuz I'm too lazy to spend 6 hours cooking one meal using one pan just to fulfill a dare.

Thank GOD you guys are talking finally. I have a 8 month pregnant wife....so I feel kinda like an alcoholic (minus the stupid meetings) drinking alone...

Also, SL, you may have 5 crowns, but Ima test you tonight.

Thank GOD you guys are talking finally. I have a 8 month pregnant wife....so I feel kinda like an alcoholic (minus the stupid meetings) drinking alone...

Also, SL, you may have 5 crowns, but Ima test you tonight.

Looking Forward to it! I'm cooking tomorrow~

:beer:

You'll never drink alone here Mate! We're here for ya!!!!!! ;)

did they throw in the horn when they wrapped up the loin for ya? Or wait - did you bag that bad boy on your own???

I hope people are putting the coins in the pics, the signs are not in the rules.

MG, your food may be gold, but if all of your pics are that blurry you stand NO CHANCE!!!!

You have to hold down the click button half way for a second so it can focus, then you go the rest of the way!!!

SD, you poachin eggs again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back