• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Baker's Peppers ID Thread

In this thread i will be posting pictures of Peppers I sell so that customers and other people can ID what they get from me :) Just a way to help you guys know what is what in the boxes :)

I will list pictures with the name of the type above it :)

ADMINS and MODS...im sorry if i put this in the wrong place on here....feel free to move it where it should be :)

Cherry Sweet Hots
IMAG0115.jpg

Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Orange
IMAG0116.jpg

Tri Color Variegata
IMAG0117.jpg

Pretty Purple
IMAG0118.jpg

Billy Boy Douglah Choc X
IMAG0119.jpg

Bhut Dragon Hybrid
IMAG0120.jpg

Paper Lantern Hybrids
IMAG0121.jpg

Chinese 5 Color
IMAG0122.jpg

To Be Continued....

Continued....

Maui Purple
IMAG0123.jpg

Chocolate Habanero Hybrid
IMAG0124.jpg

Billy Boy Douglah Red
IMAG0125.jpg

Cowhorn
IMAG0126.jpg

7 Pot Red
IMAG1173-1.jpg

Red Congos
IMAG1058-1.jpg

To Be Continued...

Maybe it's just me, but the Red Congo looks like Caribbean Reds. The Billy Boy Douglah Reds look really interesting!!

Nice idea.................... although you might want to change your background........... :eek:

Greg

To SuperHot:

I've had his Congo Red pods, and the one I had looked similar to a Yellow 7, only red, and also, the flavor was more akin to a Congo Trinidad than a Caribbean Red. You're right, though, it looks similar. The flesh of Baker's Congo Reds was a little thinner than Caribbean Reds, as well. Most likely Caribbean Reds crossed with another Hab of some sort. They were hot, either way!

oh great, just found this.. lol helps out a ton, thanks again!

just tried what I think was the douglah red, pretty interesting taste, and a nice burn on the side of my tongue where I was chewing it haha..

Ok, here are the pics I took earlier today, I think I actually narrowed them down, and I think the chocolate Billy Boy Douglah x was one of the unripe ones but just turning color but I think that is what it is.. can you confirm my pictures and what I think they are.. and if nothing else they can add some variety to your pictures since (despite what I had thought before, based on the more common peppers) is that there are a lot of variability in one type of pepper!

If you want me to delete some once you confirm which are which let me know and I will, this might give a size porportion from these peppers but I would like to grow some of these out from these seeds so I want to make sure I know which are which :think:

Edited to what I think they are now, and what "BakersPeppers" said
First one, is this a scotch bonnet.. has an interesting shape, and the only one of that type in the batch.. ??
IMG_0083.jpg

Tricolor Vairegata
IMG_0081.jpg

Chocolate Habanero hybrid
IMG_0089.jpg

Billy Boy Doughlah Red with some Australian paper lanterns in there (smoother ones)
IMG_0086.jpg

Scotch Bonnets
IMG_0084.jpg

and the chocolate hab. (I think the one in the bottom right corner is the chocolate Billy Boy Douglah, might be able to see it just turning brown..but the other peppers are almost like black or really dark purple rather than brown) and those 2 fat green ones that look like a reg. hab turned orange/yellowish so they were scotch bonnets also
IMG_0090.jpg

But they all taste great!, I can't really tell but I thought the BIlly Boy Douglah would be hotter, but it seems they are not as hot as the chocolate hab and scotch bonets.. assuming that I am correctly labeling the peppers! Thanks

pic 1 - dont know cant tell
pic 2 - tricolor vairegata it looks like
pic 3 - choc habanero hybrid
pic 4 - some douglah some aus lantern hybrids
pic 5 - choc hababnero hybrids and the choc douglah

great, thanks, those chocolate hybrids have a very wide variety of color, pretty cool..

and I was thinking that those douglah were the wrinkly looking ones compared to the smoother ones, but wasn't sure.. thanks

and your pic 5 is really pic 6, but I am guessing that you meant, pic 4 has the douglah and the aus. lantern hybrid, and pic 5 would be... I want to say paper lanterns, (and actually in pic 6 those fat green ones turned yellow/orange, so I guess those are scotch bonnets also..

thanks a lot! time to switch up some seeds and cut some new ones open to label them :D

Back