• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

From death to glory ride!!! The tale of the once dead Habanero....

A few months ago we had one of the biggest hailstorms i've ever seen here in ballina. 25 cms of hail blanketed the ground and destroyed everything under it. I honestly thought i'd lost my entire crop as the backyard looked like a nuclear wasteland.....

what an amazing difference a few months and some TLC can do.....

BEFORE THE HAILSTORM
DSCF2789.jpg

DSCF2790.jpg

MY PLANTS ARE UNDER THERE SOMEWHERE
25092011026.jpg

25092011030.jpg

25092011027.jpg

1 MOVE TO LENNOX HEAD AND A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER....
DSCF3230.jpg

I cant even differentiate the different plants!

DSCF3234.jpg

DSCF3233.jpg

DSCF3231.jpg

Red and Orange Habs.......

DSCF3229.jpg

My first ever Bhut Jolokia ......

So I can only say ....

PRETTY CHUFFED.....

Damn your habaneros are looking great, wish mine looked that good. :cool: Lucky your plants weren't killed being so young. Who knows maybe the ice will make them extra hot this year. :mouthonfire:

I've stayed in Ballina afew times on my way too Brisy, beautiful place.

Hells yeah, demonseed! :cool:

You have given me hope in a very dark hour (my poor planties are facing some major adversity themselves... pest related though, not weather).

I think you may have discovered a new method for culturing hot peppers. Now I'm thinking about having a load of ice cubes dumped on my bed in the early spring...

ALLLLLRIGHT BUDDY YEAH! Those look nice, congrats on popping your Bhut cherry. Your plants are champions, keep it up.

Wow you guys really endure some weather. The worse thing I had to worry about this year was a curious squirrel.

I remember when you posted those pics after the storm. WOW! What a difference! Seems you're off and running now!

Nice bhut.

Back