• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Duo December Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB - You've inspired me to go get a tortilla press. My grocer used to sell a decent variety, that were even still a bit soft if you bought them right away. Now they only sell their own generic, which are always hard, and taste a bit weird.

TB - You've inspired me to go get a tortilla press. My grocer used to sell a decent variety, that were even still a bit soft if you bought them right away. Now they only sell their own generic, which are always hard, and taste a bit weird.

Think I got mine at Fiesta Market down in Plano for around $16 bucks. Make sure you get the cast iron, the aluminum sucks.

Here ya go, JayT...... this has been in the fridge like this about a week now:
b1.jpg

And here's a bit poured into the glass, straight-up:
b2.jpg

LOL - Show us some CJ!

So is SoFlo going to be a NoShow for this TD???
Nah - We see you lurking, SummerBoy!

So is SoFlo going to be a NoShow for this TD???

'fraid so...

JUST got home from the deep wilderness. It was a nice weekend, so me and the lil' Mrs. took the kids camping.
It was fun, but tiring. I smell terribler than normal, and I think my fridge is depleted of protein sources.
I haven't even seen any entries yet. About to review it now.
I hope everyone had a great time. I love throwdowns, and I hate missing them.

At least I missed this one due to a legitimate reason.
We cooked on the dutch, made a fire and smores, slept in a tent, and I taught my young boy how to properly pee in the woods.
Gonna put the kids to bed early tonight and then check Mrs. Frydad for ticks.

I'll just be a voter this time.
C'mon Sumshine, put something together!!!!!!

Was Bear along for this camping trip. I am sad to say that some of his PA brethern met their demise at my camp a couple weeks ago.

nah. He stayed back. He was probably partying with Sum this weekend.

He hates the woods. His fur gets all matted and he has a hard time controlling his animal impulses.
One time we took him camping and everyone went through a crap-load of beer and old-crow.
The humans passed out, we thought bear did too.
When we woke up, our garbage bags were ripped through, food scraps were EVERYWHERE, two of the women were missing,
and bear was asleep by the smoldering ashes of our campfire with a slim-jim wrapper on his chest and the scent of nacho-cheese Combos emanating out of each snore.

He hasn't been back since.

true story.

Was Bear along for this camping trip. I am sad to say that some of his PA brethern met their demise at my camp a couple weeks ago.

When my family moves to the Great White North...we'll only be 6 hours from JayT. I'm inviting myself over.

chile juju, where are you?

What a-butt pork?

Shredded BBQ Pork Sammie:

1/2 pork butt roast tossed in the crock pot w/ a rub of:
roasted onion powder
garlic powder
smoked scorp pdr
paprika, cumin, dry mustard
I added a little beer, smoked hab sauce (thanks SL!), and pickled jalapeno juice.

When fork tender and falling apart, I added caramelized red onion with minced garlic,
roasted red jalapenos, and a Red Trinidad Scorpion.

Piled it onto a toasted hogie, and smothered it with Texas Creek BBQ Sauce...yuuuuum!

Pork Chile Verde:

Chunked up the 2nd 1/2 of the pork roast and rubbed with:
poblano powder, jalapeno pdr, roasted onion pdr, garlic pdr, oregano and epazote.
Simmered for hours with sauteed celery, garlic, serrano, yellow bhuts, and roasted poblanos, anaheims, and green jalapenos.

Sweet & Tangy Slaw:

shredded cabbage and apple, minced red onion and jalapeno with a dressing of
white and brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, white & black pepper, celery seed, oil & white vinegar.
And one dollop of mayo - because I'm addicted!

And that's all I remember and I'm going back to my couch now. Geaux Saints!

f411e5f5.jpg

6ce46950.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back