• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Oktoberfest Throwdown III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron - yep, FINAL post must have a title, ingredient list, and max 2 pics. Make sure POL and BEER are in there! SalsaLady's post is a good guide to follow.

Aaron, post as many pics as you like. Make sure the PoL (Proof of Life) is in there somewhere. Then make a final post that's titled and only has two pictures... and then beer me a beer.

Prost!

If it was just this for the final post I wouldn't have been given so much grief on mine. Boss moved my ingredients over to my final post then had me put description on it. No big deal, just a couple extra minutes oftyping. Not to sound like a B, but if it's that big of a deal then it should go for all. Just saying. That's the reason for the question.
Aaron

If it was just this for the final post I wouldn't have been given so much grief on mine. Boss moved my ingredients over to my final post then had me put description on it. No big deal, just a couple extra minutes oftyping. Not to sound like a B, but if it's that big of a deal then it should go for all. Just saying. That's the reason for the question.
Aaron

Yes. You're right Habs. Final post is titled, a list of ingreeds, and two pics. You're well on your way to making a crown.

Something crazy happened.

I think I threw away my Sillyband.

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

[font="Arial][b][size="5"]Schwarzwald japanischen log der Freude[/size][/b][/font]
[font="Arial][size="5"](German Sushi)
[/size][/font][font="Arial][b] [/b][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]This has been a long throwdown for the SoFlo Posse. One of the most drunken and best ever. Bear came over with his grandma and we slapped them both. [/size][/font]
[font="Arial] [/font][font="Arial] [/font][font="Arial][size="2"]For this TD I went WAY out of the box. Combined the main dish and the side together for a flavor explosion in the mouth. And it worked.[/size][/font][font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Ingreeds:[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Smashed potato pancackes German style, green onioned and garliced[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]pork chop hammered, breaded and fried to the perfect Schnitzle[/size][/font][font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Breading was heavily biased with red pepper and hab pow.[/size][/font][font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Steamed some red cabbage for 3 beers[/size][/font][font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Sliced the Schnitzle thin, threw it on top of the steamed cabbage with a green onion and some kraut. Rolled it up tight with potato pancake mixture and crumbed it... German style.[/size][/font][font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Bake it for ~ 45 mins and then let cool for two beers.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Sliced and served with spiced apple puree and Fatalii slices.[/size][/font][font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Pickled red cabbage for garnish.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]
IMG_4222.jpg
[/size][/font]
[font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]
IMG_4223.jpg
[/size][/font]
[font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"]Eat my schnitzels![/size][/font]

SUSHI ROLL... GENIUS! All of the flavors meld perfectly too. Ha. I possibly see my vote. Sum, nice work.

Yes Sum...
Presentation A+
Food/Recipe/method A+A+A+
Photography A+
Beer Consumption A+++

Here we go again... having to decide on 1 vote.

Okay, Geeme is back in the TD!

We'll start with roast pork. Slather that baby, then slap it in the oven.
P1000758.JPG

When that's done, set it aside and use the roasting pan to make a nice little topping. Use your favorite yellow mushrooms to accentuate the mustard.
P1000759.JPG
P1000761.JPG

In the meantime, fry up some sweet potatoe pancakes.
P1000760.JPG

Make a nice salad, and voila!!
P1000763.JPG

Gotta Get Your German On!

Pork Roast:
Pork Sirloin Roast
Sea Salt
Cayenne Powder
Fatalii Powder
Fresh Thyme
Fresh Rosemary
Garlic
Whole-grain German Mustard
Olive Oil
Whisk everything except the pork in a bowl, then smear it all over the pork. Put on a rack over a roasting pan, and roast in the oven until done.

Sauce:
Yellow Mushrooms
Shallots
Cognac
Chicken Stock
Dijon Mustard
Fresh Thyme
Heavy Cream
Butter
Parsley
Sea Salt
Cayenne Powder
Use the pan from the roast, caramelize the mushrooms, then add the shallots and cook until translucent. Remove from heat and add cognac. Put back on heat and simmer until most of the liquid evaporates. Add the stock, thyme, cream, butter, and parsley, and boil until liquid reduced to about half. Season with salt and cayenne.

Sweet Potatoe Cakes:
Sweet Potatoe, grated
Egg White
Sea Salt
Minced Jalapeño
Cayenne Powder
Garlic
Cornstarch
Mix the dry ingredients then add to the shredded potatoe. Fry until golden.

Salad:
Bibb Lettuce
Red and Yellow Small Tomatoes
Red Onion
Aji Habanero
Dijon Mustard
Balsamic Vinegar
Orange Zest
Olive Oil
Sour Cream
Mix the mustard, vinegar, zest and olive oil, the drizzle it on the veggies. Put a potatoe cake on top, then garnish with sour cream.

Serve with a cold beer......

P1000764.JPG

P1000765.JPG

Wheeee!

Nice geeme! I'd eat those cakes right on top of the pork, then the gravy.

My goodness that looks like great gravy!!!

I bet the cakes were awesome too!!! German comfort food!!!!

I think Gravy is one of my favorite foods!!!

Looks awesome G!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back