• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Oktoberfest Throwdown III

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe to help other new posters-

Your final entry should have the title, description, and 2 final entry pics as detailed in the TD's first post for this TD. When the vote is posted by THP, it will have a link to your final entry post, (only ONE post, not any prep pics or prelim posts)....which may be the only criteria a voter will look at to make their vote. They may not look at the prep pics. It will only be your descriptions and 2 final pics. Hope this helps-
SL

The entries so far look very delicious!

FD4, no hating, geeme was noting you only have peppers on the side dish. Maybe the pic was a bad angle.

Thanks SL! Sorry Ad! This whole thing is somehow getting veeeery confusing for us newbies! I'm gonna do my best to adhere to the rules, but no guarantees! haha I haven't been too into pre-throwdown posts yet, so maybe that's what's confusing me. Regardless...we're gonna eat good in this house tomorrow! :) My dish is taking fooorever to make.....I'm so hungry I could eat just about anything right now. Spaghetti-Os anyone?????

I wish wish wish wish I could get in on this TD, but due to the weekend work schedule I will no longer be able to participate unless they are extended to monday nights :(

good luck to all you bums

ohh and, I just happen to have my hands on a test batch of Oktoberfest that we brewed here, which I have happened to write the recipe for, its a shame I won't be able to use it

hint hint

cough cough

extend the TD until 10pm monday

cough cough

FD4, no hating, geeme was noting you only have peppers on the side dish. Maybe the pic was a bad angle.
True dat! But also, I was assuming he used some kind of pepper powder in with the breadcrumbs on the schnitzel, and just forgot to list it in the ingredients...... we'll see what turns out when he wakes up today - hung over or not! :lol:

Mornin everyone.
Everything looks really good so far!!

Fixed my ingredients. The meat was seasoned with salt and hab pow before dipping in bread crumbs. Then topped with the congos. Then eaten with too many beers.

I got a wicked headache now.

Time to re-load for football!!!

Beer Bhut Queso, TB Peno' Cheeze Totz and Hog Gone Wild Cordon Bleu.

Been on a queso 'thang lately so just seem natchel' to bring it to the feast. That and I had a craving for some cheeze totage. Awhile back I visited my mother who gave me some wild hog product, chops, roast, and ribs, that she got from my sister who had shot it on her ranch in outside of Refugio, Tx, last year.

IMG_3198.jpg

Begin!

IMG_3201.jpg

Beer Bhut Queso

Bhut Jolokia
Fresno chile
Chopped Garlic
Butter
Flour
Beer
Cream
Shredded cheddar cheese

Rehydrate a dried bhut in warm beer, chop it up and saute in butter with chopped garlic and diced fresno.

IMG_3199.jpg

When the chile's get all happy add some flour to make a roux. Tighten that up and add some hosky.

IMG_3200.jpg

Add cream, bring to a simmer and add heaps of shredded fromage.

IMG_3202.jpg

Hog Gone Wild Cordon Bleu

Wild hog filets
Emmantaler swiss
Black Forest Ham
Fresno & peno' chiles
Eggwash
Flour
Bread crumbs
Canola oil for frying in Black Betty

First beat your meat with a hammer.

IMG_3203.jpg

Season beaten meat with sea salt and fresh black cracked and layer on Black Forest ham, swiss and chile's.

IMG_3205.jpg

Rollem' up and let chill in the fridge to set up.

IMG_3206.jpg

Drink 4 more brewhaha's and then take the wild hog product and dredge in flour, eggwash and bread crumbs and gently toss into the hot oil and Black Betty,

IMG_3210.jpg

While those are working...

TB's Peno' Cheeze Totz

Shredded new potatos
Pickled peno's
Diced marinated sweet red bell pepper
Flour
Egg
Shredded cheddar cheeze
Bread crumbs
Oil for frying, you know the dealio.

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except the bread crumbs.

IMG_3207.jpg

At this point I have to post again as I'm only allowed 10 pics at a time...

Go to next post....

Beer Bhut Queso, TB 'Peno Cheeze Totz and Hog Gone Wild Cordon Bleu

Beer Bhut Queso - Sauteed bhut, fresno, garlic, butter, add flour, thicken, add beer, cream, simmer, add cheddar cheese.

Hog Wild Cordon Bleu - Abuse meat until flat, thin. Add Black Forest ham, emmantaler swiss, fresno and 'peno chiles. Roll. Dredge in flour, eggwash, breadcrumbs and deep fry.

TB 'Peno Cheeze Totz - Shred new potatos, squeeze out water. Add pickled 'peno's, roasted red bell, cheddar cheeze, flour, egg, and blend. Portion and roll in bread crumbs. Deep fry.

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

To borrow a line from a friend of mine... Lawd have mercy! Jump back and kiss yo'self two times. The only question I have is how do you ever have a warm beer for rehydrating peppers with?

To borrow a line from a friend of mine... Lawd have mercy! Jump back and kiss yo'self two times. The only question I have is how do you ever have a warm beer for rehydrating peppers with?

Took it a room temp hosky, poured about half a cup in bowl with the bhut and nuked it.

After TB flashed his man nuggets at me I've decided SoFlo has to go big.

Skunkwerks on this one. SoFlo is fortifying themselves with a healthy dose of vitamin B-12 (Busch Light... twelve of them)

IMG_4211.jpg

You know it...
IMG_4212.jpg

Holy hell, wheebz better brang it tomorrow, you just killed those homemade tots! Nice all around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back