• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How my peppers did this year.....

I always do gangbusters on the japalenos, anaheims, Santa Fes, serranos, habaneros and bells. This year I tried the ghost and white habs but doesn;t look like they are going to mature by the time next week;s 40-50 degree weather hits.

Not sure what this little guy is but hopefully he packs a punch.
pep4.jpg

The ghosts got big and plentiful on the short little plants, but have not turned from green. Have 6 plants full of green ghosts.
pep2.jpg

pep11.jpg

The white habs have a couple of ones that look like they might make it, have 4 plants full of little guys.
pep3.jpg

The regular habs are about half ready and the ones that are are big. 6-8 plants like this.
pep1.jpg

Plants look good, if possible cover them at nite, large construction type trash bags draped over? mild tempertures won't harm them, the pods will semi ripen indoors in a burlap sack or a brown paper bag, preferably in a cooler location, garage or basement perhaps...
I'd take those ripe habs off the plant......they look pretty good...and it might help with ripening the rest

Your soil looks hard packed…not good. My soil composition is a sandy loam which I add in cow compost. A looser soil with good drainage allows in more oxygen and makes all the difference in the world!!

There is hope yet!!!! Snow's coming down the mountain this week but I may have a couple sneak in!

IMAG0066.jpg

Back