• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A box full of bad decisions

Chad S had a giveaway of his garden haul.

NZzCi.jpg

Opening the package, it smelled like citrus. Top red one is a bhut indian carbon, the other long one is the bhut/douglah, yellow 7 pots, and the round red ones are billyboy douglahs

I have renewed faith in the post office, 2 days is pretty quick, and thats coming from a UPS guy! Glad they got there OK!

Got the Billyboys off ebay, had to be a THP member, grew out true, the plant those came from is just a mutant, only 3 ft tall but has a 4 ft crown, peppers on every node, loving it!

Have fun

Chad

Great video, JK. Yeah, you definitely have a broadcaster's voice. Sounded like you were discussing peppers at halftime of a game.

Hey Jack,

I am glad you had fun with them all. What your doing with the Billyboy sounds like a great recipe, cant wait to hear how it turns out. The Billyboy became one of my favorites this year. Its meaty, has a good heat, and its a great producer.

Since the Indian Carbon and the cross are both thin skinned I picked fresh ones the day I sent packages so they could best survive the trip. Most of the Indian Carbons do have that spiky exterior, they all have the flowery taste they are known for. If you look at the cross pods on the "garden haul" link most of them are short, fat, and have a crumpled end. About 10% look like straight Douglah or straight Bhut. There is one small Douglah looking pod on that plate. To me it does have a fruity flavor for about a second, the heat just overwhelms the senses so fast. I was thinking the best use was as a heat bringer to sauces and salsa too. I wouldnt put it at a Douglah level but its close.

Thanks for checking them out, you will have to find a new batch of victems at the bar, I dont think they will trust you anymore

Chad

Hey Jack,

I am glad you had fun with them all. What your doing with the Billyboy sounds like a great recipe, cant wait to hear how it turns out. The Billyboy became one of my favorites this year. Its meaty, has a good heat, and its a great producer.

Since the Indian Carbon and the cross are both thin skinned I picked fresh ones the day I sent packages so they could best survive the trip. Most of the Indian Carbons do have that spiky exterior, they all have the flowery taste they are known for. If you look at the cross pods on the "garden haul" link most of them are short, fat, and have a crumpled end. About 10% look like straight Douglah or straight Bhut. There is one small Douglah looking pod on that plate. To me it does have a fruity flavor for about a second, the heat just overwhelms the senses so fast. I was thinking the best use was as a heat bringer to sauces and salsa too. I wouldnt put it at a Douglah level but its close.

Thanks for checking them out, you will have to find a new batch of victems at the bar, I dont think they will trust you anymore

Chad

The Billyboy Douglah sauce is fantastic. I had a bit on homemade pizza last night and it paired perfectly with a dry marinara sauce. If I was going to make super hot sauce in bulk, I think these would be my pepper of choice for how much you get out of one pepper.

The Carbon is great. I actually like the application for powder or sauce for kicking up any dish regardless of pairing. I don't do crosses very often, but bhut douglah is one that I am psyched about.

All my buddies are chili heads. You kept all of use thoroughly entertained and provided some peppers that I can't wait to pull out of my garden next year!

Back