• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Five Dollar Feast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it great to have clerks and butchers that "understand" the occasional strange requests TD-ers may come up with? It really does pay off to be on good terms with the local store.

They probably thought I was totally nuts. I was at the salad bar, then had to go all the way across the store to weigh it to make sure I was under budget. The first time, I was a 1/4lb over so I had to go back and unload some of the ingredients. Then back to the scale. This time I was a 1/4 under. That explains how I ended up at $4.08. I wasn't going back again...

Fantabulous, LB!

Now where the hey is Pi?????? I mean, come on! I need another cheerleader here with me!

Fantabulous, LB!

Thanks...this turned out to be one of the best Mex dishes I've made...flavor was outrageous!

How'd ya like the 5 P's...for P2K, and 5 crowns...hell yeah...that's why they call me...well...nevermind what they call me.

Ohhh missed it.
whew... good! It really wasn't that bad~~ :halo:

They probably thought I was totally nuts. I was at the salad bar, then had to go all the way across the store to weigh it to make sure I was under budget. The first time, I was a 1/4lb over so I had to go back and unload some of the ingredients. Then back to the scale. This time I was a 1/4 under. That explains how I ended up at $4.08. I wasn't going back again...

I did the same thing with the serrano and cauliflower, which is why the one receipt has everything cancelled. Some girl is waiting in line behind me and we're swapping chiles to find the lightest one and then breaking off little pieces of cauliflower to get exactly .16 worth....and all I ended up with was those 3 tiny pieces. I'm sure she thought I was nuts, too~~~

Pauly, simple is good. Your biscuits look like they have corn in them, was that onion bits?

SoFlo is cheffing it up. Smells of fried and other good stuff. Seems like we might be pulling the last minute entry again.

Beer me another beer, FD.

Teaser is up!

The ingredients...

DSC00134.jpg

The POL...

DSC00136.jpg

Now, into the kitchen I go!

oh no, here we go again... more DQ's from the SoFlo gang!

zdecker and duvalldave are in the pool! WOOT!

This one took me back to my roots. In the holler. What's the best thing for a sunday feast?

I'll tell ya.

Fried chicken
Red beans and Rice
Jalapeno Cornbread
Peach Cobbler
Sweet tea

Now only if this could be done for five bucks...

Here's some of the ingreds.
Hell, I'll just show some pics here, I'll explain the rest in the final post.

Enjoy.
FD

IMGP2131.jpg

IMGP2133.jpg

IMGP2135.jpg

IMGP2138.jpg

IMGP2141.jpg

IMGP2143.jpg

IMGP2142.jpg

Frydad's Redneck Family Sunday

So the best thing ever to eat on a Sunday is Fried Chicken, Sweet Tea, Red Beans and Rice, Jalapeno Cornbread, and Peach Cobbler.

I did it all for five bucks.

Got some dark meat chicken, coated it in dried pepper blend and seasoned salt. Let that sit for a while. Egg wash and flour battered. Fried for a good little bit till done.

The red beans are lightly crushed and sauteed with oil, garlic powder, home-smoked sausage, and served on white rice.

Cornbread has fresh jalapeno in it to give it some kick.

Peach cobbler was made from a fresh peach, sugar, flour, and some other legal stuff.

Sweet tea made from dried herbs (peppermint and camomile) sweetened up with some bad-ass white sugar.

This was the perfect end to a wonderful weekend. It was a fun one.

Thanks Paul and Boss for the fun throwdown.

IMGP2130.jpg

IMGP2136.jpg

IMGP2140.jpg

Kiss my grits.

FD

Final post to follow...hope I make the deadline...

ff1027ee.jpg

Rise baby rise

146764d7.jpg

Golden is good

60fa82ff.jpg

Snausage and a couple 8-10 shrimp

ffb35f74.jpg

Cook that meat

bdb83968.jpg

Cook that shrimp

662a2589.jpg

Add your veggies..

30e9625f.jpg

Don't forget dessert :)

More to come.....

Ra Ra Ree Bears in a tree
Ra Right Here So Beer Me Another Beer!!!!

Go SoFlo, Go SoFlo, Go SoFlo

WOOT!!!

Damn good looking chow FryDaddy! Sum, whatcha got?

I'm cheering too geeme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back