• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Five Dollar Feast

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO WAY, Pauly! Ain't no strange kitchens 'round your neck o'the woods!
What's the weather forecast...any RAIN on the horizon? ;)

Jest get to cookin' an postin' and no philanderin'~~~~ Don't think the Boss'll allow late postings this time.

Good point.

My post will be on time or not at all! I got's to be on a plane at 9am on Sunday morn.... :cool:

IS'NT THIS WHAT THE WHOLE THING'S about? Now Paaaul's takin' a jet-pane-ride? wha wha wha?
Thank Jee- Oh- dee I didn't buy $5!!!!!!.... he woodaah kicked my ass from a plane!!!! paulky_2000 (I wouldn't have a shoo-shiners-shit'n-chance-in hell anyway)

Forgive... I'm blasted......

but i'm'a- gonn'a- keep'a- goin'a-...

Mexxicaan night's commin' and I made Mole. I can't do the little , comma thing over the "e" or thee "l" over Moe-lay. F$#@%&*(^%%!!!!!!!!!!!
Hol,aay Mo,laay!!!!!

You guys are gonna raise yur blood pressure to the Paulkster,.. excuse me... SALSALADY..... Just wait and see!!!!!!!

I'm Out,... GOOD NIGHT,,,,

Wait. Where's that bastige Jay? He don't write. He don't call.......

What are you talking about I just talked to you Thursday. I am here. I wasn't last night because I couldn't connect to the site for some reason. I don't have your new number anyway. Call me.

Oh and THP, I think he deserves his own special DQ crown. Either a pink cowboy hat, or a waffle.

Teaser:

000_0484.jpg

Well, I was really looking forward to this TD but I'm having to bow out. We got word last night that my wife's paternal grandmother passed away and so we are in prep to go to Atlanta mode for the funeral. Good luck to all entrants and I'll be following the action on my Iphone.

SoFlo do us proud!

Cheers,
RM

Sorry to hear that, Rocketman. Have a safe trip.

Looks like JayT went to a salad bar! Great Idea for veggies!

Deville, how ya feelin' this morning? Have an Irish coffee and get that mole cooking!

teaser-

Staples-
bc317ad1.jpg

a6d52048.jpg

d2b8b56e.jpg

950605d6.jpg

Oh, What the heck, might as well post now-

homemade french bread and red savina habanero pasta doughs resting-
81040cff.jpg

6633d3c9.jpg

5cafb8be.jpg

4d5680f1.jpg

loaves ready for baking-
0c3a7620.jpg

dried bread on the tray for croutons and bread crumbs, egg yolks and sugar for custard dessert
1f3de360.jpg

The main ingredients-
c494b0cc.jpg

left side ingredients-
bread crumbs from homemade bread seasoned with garlic, Italian spices, and fatalii for chicken
yellow squash, broccoli, onion, and cauliflower for sauteed veggies
parmesan and mozzarella cheeses
butter with garlic and Red Savina Habanero for garlic bread, alfredo and veggies
5 oz chicken breast, pounded and ready for breading
185ef561.jpg

Right side ingredients-
tomato sauce with garlic, italian spices and RS habanero
diced veggies, serrano, and chicken for Minestroni soup
penne pasta and cannelini beans, croutons, and chicken base for soup
30301fc2.jpg

4 burners going~
breaded chicken in the CI
sauteing veggies
creamy alfredo sauce with butter, cream, onion, garlic, fatalii and parmesan
tomato sauce for the chicken parmesan
fed8ca54.jpg

Salsalady's Italy on a Budget

With .03 cents to spare, I give you-

Chicken Parmesan
Fettuccini Alfredo
Sauteed Vegetables
Habanero Garlic Bread
Minestroni Soup
Baked Custard dessert

Purchased Items-
chicken, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, squash, carrot, celery, garlic, tomato sauce, broccoli, onion, serrano chile, cauliflower, penne pasta, cannellini beans, chicken soup base

Pantry Items-
flour, semolina, yeast, sugar, oil, butter, egg, cream, spices/herbs, vanilla, butter

The Build-
The homemade French bread was used for habanero garlic bread on the plate, bread crumbs for the Chicken Parmesan and for seasoned croutons for the Minestroni soup.

Fresh Pasta! Mmmmm! Semolina flour, eggs, and Red Savina habanero powder, hand mixed and then put through the pasta roller and cutter.

Minestroni Soup-
chicken, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, serrano chile, cannellini beans, penne pasta, chicken soup base, and about 2 Tbsp of the marinara sauce. Saute the veggies and chicken in a little oil, then add the broth and pre-cooked beans and penne pasta. Served with homemade seasoned croutons.

Chicken Parmesan-
I asked the butcher to portion out a 6 oz piece of chicken of which I used about 1 oz for the minestroni soup and 5 oz for the Chicken Parmesan. The chicken was pounded and then breaded with flour, milk and seasoned bread crumbs.

The breast was fried in oil and then topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella and parmesan and popped into the oven to get the cheese all ooey-gooey.

It was served on the plate atop more marinara.

Fettuccinin Alfredo-
Sautee a little onion and garlic in butter, add heavy cream, parmesan cheese and fatalii powder and simmer to reduce. At the last minute, toss in the pre-cooked habanero fettuccini. Sprinkle a little red habanero on top to serve.

Vegetables- saute the veggies in butter and olive oil with garlic and fatalii powder

Marinara sauce-
small can of tomato sauce, garlic, onion, Italian herbs, Red Savina habanero. The sauce went under and on top of the chicken parmesan and a little bit went into the Minestroni soup.

Baked Custard-
whisk egg yolks with sugar, add in heavy cream and vanilla. Bake in hot water bath until set. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and lightly toast under broiler.

928c2196.jpg

1da7292d.jpg

42a2aa56.jpg

BTW, that one plate, with a couple more pieces of bread, was lunch for the 3 of us! YUM! Wish we could eat like that every day, but the waistline couldn't handle it, fo' sho.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no that's what I'm talking about. The entries that are too good to be true, but with the proof, will be the good ones!

(if you have a shot of all 3 receipts we can see without overlapping, all the better, if not they are above)

.....can't compete with that on my limited time. :(

So, with my tail tucked between my legs......here are a few to start with.

NOTE: I only spent $3.40 WITH TAX for my non-pantry ingredients:

100_4533.jpg

100_4534.jpg

....and here are damn near ALL the ingredients:

100_4535.jpg

Canned salmon,diced vidalia onion, eggs, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, Biohazard.....

100_4538.jpg

Patty......fry, fry, fry!

100_4540.jpg

100_4541.jpg

Flour, butter, milk, leftover onion, and some salt:

100_4539.jpg

100_4545.jpg

Okay.....back to the futility....

Paulky spent money on a staple! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back