• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

AJs Trinidad Scorpion Project in Mississippi

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I am kinda "partnered" with my cousin in south Mississippi...I took him a bunch of trinidad scorpion plants in March...got them to him on March 24 at about 10 AM and they were all planted by noon...

The plants are very healthy and loaded with pods already...I may get up to three major harvest off these...

I definitely say my cousin knows how to grow some plants...he farms 1200 acres "under plastic" and feeds through drip tape...
will post some still pictures of the pods later...

forgot to say...these are isolated also...closest pepper plants to these are about a mile away...

What a beautiful site! I had envisioned a nice green field of peppers the day you were telling me about it but this is so much better! Wish you the best on the field and future expansions.

-J

Are you going to change your name to MississippiJack? :rofl: Nice field of scorpions you got Ronnie I see a few hot sauce bottles coming from those peppers. Nice work.

...I took him a bunch of trinidad scorpion plants in March...

Quite the understatement. That is awesome. Have you ever considered moving somewhere with a little more property? 1200 acres would be extreme but I can't imagine what you could do with 10 acres of good soil.

I like discusting... :lol:

What a beautiful site! I had envisioned a nice green field of peppers the day you were telling me about it but this is so much better! Wish you the best on the field and future expansions.

-J

thanks man...it is just exciting walking down the rows looking at the plants...

Holy CRAP AJ. You really are going commercial, ha! That is awesome.

How many plants?

about 1800 plants...commercial is the idea...we will see what this year does and if I can make decent money on these this year, next year we will expand...

Are you going to change your name to MississippiJack? :rofl: Nice field of scorpions you got Ronnie I see a few hot sauce bottles coming from those peppers. Nice work.

thanks Cappy...don't know if my great great would appreciate me changing his name...

Quite the understatement. That is awesome. Have you ever considered moving somewhere with a little more property? 1200 acres would be extreme but I can't imagine what you could do with 10 acres of good soil.

I won't ever leave Fort Worth...I like the idea of me raising the seedlings and sending them off to "camp" to grow healthy and strong...right now, my goal is to get this crop in and then next year expand...

One word: Amazing!

There are few things as satisfying as seeing big rows of healthy, super hot peppers.
Hope they give you the huge harvest you expect.

Bleash

What do you average from one plant, 100-200 pods through the season? So 180,000 to 360,000 pods. Where will they all go? Wegmans could use some around here, since Giant Food Stores doesn't have the balls for anything really hot.

If you're a pepper fan and you weren't grinning from ear to ear at the end of that walk turn in your heat tolerance and go back to square one.

Incredible AJ.

Mighty fine AJ.

That's some FAST planting (1800 plants in 2 hours/bout a plant every 4 seconds). Musta had some mechanical help. :)

I hope you have a large picking crew lined up. :wink:

Hope ya you need a huge cotton wagon to haul away that crop. Awesome!!!

Oh my... that's mighty impressive AJ. no doubt a dream for a simple man like myself.
Tell your cousin he has a fan in Israel.

Back