• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
My newest arrivals last night were 2 x Bhut Jolokia Assam Sprouts .

JR the germination rates from those seeds you supplied to me are awesome and incredibly consistent (ie when one germinates the others are always at most only 1-2 days behind, with many germinating at exactly the same speed/time)

Am still waiting on the fabled T. Scorps and Fatalii's and Purple Tigers so tonight I plan on soaking a couple more of each to hedge my bets.

Light sorted, 400W MH up and running, also fited 2x 24W tornado 6500k CFLs into that cardboard box I made.
jRlWq.jpg

fUNSe.jpg

JR the germination rates from those seeds you supplied to me are awesome and incredibly consistent (ie when one germinates the others are always at most only 1-2 days behind, with many germinating at exactly the same speed/time)

Am still waiting on the fabled T. Scorps and Fatalii's and Purple Tigers so tonight I plan on soaking a couple more of each to hedge my bets.

that's great Trippa, are there any I sent you that your having trouble with?

that's great Trippa, are there any I sent you that your having trouble with?

To early to tell really (I haven't put one of them down yet either as I ran out of room in my propagator the Bahamian Goat still has to go in and I think that will be the lot)

I am still to get any Fatalii, Trinidad Scorpion Butch T's, from my first planting up (its been 17 days so its still well within my 4-5 weeks I allow before I discard)

I am still waiting on subsequent plantings of the Choc Hab's and that is it!!

Everything else has germinated (Easiest so far were the Scotch Bonnets with them all germinating within a day or 2 of each other and 6 from 6 up)and the Hot Fish.

I am soaking a couple more Fatalii's , T. Scorpions Butch T's (Just in case) and (one of THSC's) Purple Tigers tonight plus the Bohamian Goat.

About to try my first sauce as well ... :woohoo:

I had the mustard Habanero and Chicken Heart sprout just today/yesterday.
Looking forward to spring, especially as my first year ever. I still have enough space for a purple and white bhut. Some varieties I was looking forward to have no success germinating, maybe next year as I am quickly reaching my personal limit. I guess my inexperience would have contributed to those, but I've got a system going now.

I was wondering, can anybody share any information on the chicken hearts? I grew one for my father in-law, I don't want to give him anything too overwhelming. I would also like to know what they taste like.

I had the mustard Habanero and Chicken Heart sprout just today/yesterday.
Looking forward to spring, especially as my first year ever. I still have enough space for a purple and white bhut. Some varieties I was looking forward to have no success germinating, maybe next year as I am quickly reaching my personal limit. I guess my inexperience would have contributed to those, but I've got a system going now.

I was wondering, can anybody share any information on the chicken hearts? I grew one for my father in-law, I don't want to give him anything too overwhelming. I would also like to know what they taste like.
good to hear they have spouted for you. Seems it didnt take long?

Last Night I had 2 exciting arrivals a 7 pot/pod 'Jonah' and this morning what greeted me ... a little Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. Sprout :woohoo:

So far so good with the germination rates and general vigour after germination using the Seaweed/kelp concentrate and Chamomile tea mixture for the 24hr pre-soak.

The Bhut Jolokia Assam seedlings haven't even shed there skull caps yet and the roots are already 1cm long out the bottom of the Jiffy pellets

At last, I was able to get my first lot of seeds in! :)
It's a bit make-shift as I am super-dooper broke but whatevers!

Apologies for the terribly dull photo, my bad camera plus one really big lamp makes it difficult for me to get anything but white light, lol.

So far...
Douglah x12
ButchT x12
Bhut Jolokia x8
Fatalii x8
Congo x16
Naga Morich x 16
Antillais Caribbean x 8

Lots more to go, but its a good start :)

8u 150w CFL - Bubbler - Heater - Pump (circ.) - Jiffys
IMG_0986.jpg

At last, I was able to get my first lot of seeds in! :)
It's a bit make-shift as I am super-dooper broke but whatevers!

Apologies for the terribly dull photo, my bad camera plus one really big lamp makes it difficult for me to get anything but white light, lol.

So far...
Douglah x12
ButchT x12
Bhut Jolokia x8
Fatalii x8
Congo x16
Naga Morich x 16
Antillais Caribbean x 8

Lots more to go, but its a good start :)

8u 150w CFL - Bubbler - Heater - Pump (circ.) - Jiffys
IMG_0986.jpg

Good work ... nice little set-up

Turn the light off and use the flash (if it is too dark) for a clearer photo

I've got a few seeds of Assam Bhut Jolokia that I can't remember where I got them from (probably UK), and they ended up with some pretty decent sized pods compared to what I've had with other Jolokias.

See this guy?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One of my first seedlings that sprouted, just wants to get taller and taller without starting any leaves. Already had to bury it a bit deeper, but still it's up and up...
Now it's getting a little burned by the powerful lights. This guy points its leaves upward towards any light heaps too.
Anyone had a seedling like this? What should I do now it's so tall without proper leaves as it's getting a bad sun tan? Can't remove it from the lighting or reduce it's lighting without it getting all stupid again and pointing it's leaves upwards and not doing much except growing taller. That would make it even worse if I had to put it back under lights later.

It's an amarillo FWIW

I think they like to grow taller anyway so just wait a little and some leaves will come.
I had a funny thing happen to one of my seedlings, it has 3 leaves and now a fourth with no internodal growth (almost like a star).

Back